Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    dec756 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

http://www.airbnb.com/

pretty awesome site..hth

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mamma2004 View Post
    I feel so overwhelmed! I have been researching bedbugs, hotel bargains, etc. and don't know what do do for ONE night.

I tried to join jetsetter but have yet to hear.

A friend recommended Paramus, NJ. Any thoughts? I also like the idea of Secaucus. How is the commute?

TIA!
    I work in paramus....check these:

Courtyard marriot
    Amerisuites
    Crown plaza (or radisson now?)

From paramus will you be at the gwb in < 15 min without traffic.

All 3 of those are on major highways. Also check the glenpoint marriot, its at exit 70 off rt 95, maybe 5 min from gwb or 20 min from lincoln tunnel, very direct!

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

If you're willing to do hotwire or Priceline, go to biddingfortravel.com - it will tell you what hotel you're (very) likely to get, and what price will win on Priceline. MAY work for you.

Default Hotels

I'm from the NYC area. Try the Best Western Gregory Hotel in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. My in-laws stay there all the time and always mention it's been clean and the people friendly. It's a 45 minute ride on the subway during rush-hour and on Saturdays into Manhattan using a transfer to the N train at the 59th street platform.

Hope this helps.

Philoscript

lowrioh is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The last time DH and I went to NYC for the weekend we stayed in a studio apartment that someone was renting out on craigslist. If you go to NYC craigslist and click on vacation rentals you will get a plethora of listings at all price points. It's a bit of a gamble but we had a good experience.

jenfromnj is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by LD92599 View Post
    I work in paramus....check these:

Courtyard marriot
    Amerisuites
    Crown plaza (or radisson now?)

From paramus will you be at the gwb in < 15 min without traffic.

All 3 of those are on major highways. Also check the glenpoint marriot, its at exit 70 off rt 95, maybe 5 min from gwb or 20 min from lincoln tunnel, very direct!
    Laura gave some good recs for hotels in Paramus. As long as you have a car and don't mind driving into the city, then Paramus would work (though some of the hotels might have some kind of arranged transport, I'm not positive). The hotels in Secaucus might work better if you're looking to take a shuttle/train into the city.

I'd be more comfortable taking the risk of a Priceline/Hotwire bid for hotels in NJ, and the PP's suggestion of biddingfortravel.com is a good one, betterbidding.com is another one that's sometimes helpful.

Default Still need ideas?

We passed this the other day after taking the ferry, and if it was not less than a mile from family it would be a good option. The ferry is a short distance away ($8 per person per way.)

http://homewoodsuites1.hilton.com/en...PDJUCSGBJT3MQQ

We stayed at the Renaissance Times Square last weekend and it was nice, but the crowds were CRAZY! My advise it to be very focused on what you say you want to see/do and plan carefully. There was a line around the block to just get into the M&M store. Make reservations for dinner, or order in. Playing it my ear with the crowds I would not recommend.

In Brooklyn the Marriott is good, and the Nu is always spotless. http://www.bing.com/local/details.as...hotel+brooklyn The Nu is a bit off the train path, so walking is required. The W in Hoboken was having good deals for a while, the view from our room there was breathtaking. I am not sure of other Hoboken places, but Hoboken is very accessible to the city, next to Secaucus. My kids love Hoboken!

Good for you going into the city. Our kids get NYC Christmas every other year, this year was just parents : ) We did Radio City last year and it was amazing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2