Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Toddler Got Hold of My Minwax Wood Floor Scratch Pen

He wrote on the stainless steel dishwasher and wood cabinet. What would work without ruining either? Of course, I don't have too much here by way of cleaning products. Some Method stuff, vinegar, etc.

My first thought is a Magic Eraser. Test it in an inconspicuous area to make sure it won't mess up the finish though.

Good luck!
    Stacy
    Wife to K
    Mommy to A (5) and twins E & S (1.5)

The biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make...I did not live in the moment enough. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less. - Anna Quindlen

I say this with extreme caution, but one of the kids once wrote with marker on the coffee table. I believe I treated it within minutes or hours of them causing the mark, which gives you the greatest chance of success. I can't remember what kind of marker, but I must have thought I needed the big guns right away. I swiped it very fast and very lightly with a rag with nail polish remover, then immediately swiped it with a cloth with water. It worked and did not mar the finish. Of course I should have tested it in an inconpicuous spot (but I don't think I did). I don't know why I felt so desperate or daring to bring in nail polish remover right away, but I thought it might be helpful to know that I used it and it removed only what I needed to remove.
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

Their website says to use mineral spirits or paint thinner for cleanup.

http://www.minwax.com/products/maint...in_marker.html

Good Luck
    Erin
    DS 8/05
    DD 1/08
    DS 3/11