Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Totsy ... :(

Default Totsy ... :(

I placed an order with Totsy on November 12th. I knew it said shipping may be a few weeks. However, I did NOT expect to maybe not get my order by Christmas!!! I checked online today and see this message above my order...

Our shipping cut off for Christmas delivery has passed. Please note that unfortunately WE CAN NOT GUARANTEE HOLIDAY DELIVERY unless otherwise stated. Thank you for understanding and for shopping with Totsy.

Estimated Ship Date: Dec 09, 2010

Anyone else dealing with this? Is Totsy normally like this? I mean it's been a month since my order and now they are saying it may not make it in time for Christmas?!?!

nanoo is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

They are HORRIBLE!! Just today I received the 2nd item from my order of late SEPTEMBER! I am certain I only got my items because I found an email for an actual employee at Totsy and kept bugging her! No one answers their customer service emails or phone messages

There are other threads on this topic, but basically they don't forward your order to the manufacturer until the sales are over online, then the manusfacturer ships to Totsy and they to you..they say about 5 weeks all in, but 2 months for me...NEVER again! Pls send me a private email for my "contact" there, though she was not apologetic about the delay and I never got the promised shipping confirmation emails..the boxes just showed up!

I found an email online for someone...initialls J.L. ?? I emailed at 5 today and I'm hoping to hear something back. I should have known to check out reviews before ordering, but it was such a good deal

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Search this board for Totsy, there have been numerous posts about them and their awful service (I have never ordered from them, and never will after reading the posts here). I think one of the posts also had an email address for someone at the company.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Not surprisingly, I emailed on the 6th and the 8th with no response Just now I get a UPS notification that a package was sent to me from Totsy on the 7th and should have been delivered today....definitely wasn't. Hopefully it will be here Monday. However, it does say 1.2 lbs and I'm pretty certain my package would weigh much more So maybe a partial shipment. On the Totsy site, 2 of my items have an estimated ship date of yesterday (that I would think weigh more) and the other has no estimated ship date at all! It will be interesting to see what all shows up, but I have a little hope now. I'm hoping to be the one good story for Totsy (although I'll probably still never order from them again after all I've read online!)

Okay, I lied....all 3 have an estimated ship date of the 9th. I was reading it wrong, but I still don't think all 3 would only weigh 1.2 lbs (Folkmanis 3 headed dragon, huge box of Puzzibits and some stacking birds)

So far I've gotten 2 of the 3 items I purchased! No notice that the 3rd has even shipped either. However, I have gotten the 2 most expensive items, the third was $7...I still want it and $7 is $7, but at least I'm not out $50!

I got my final part to my order today! Everything arrived as expected and compared to most I think it ended well for me. I am still not happy with the no communication and the super extended ship time, but glad I got my order before Christmas!

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Might as well bump this up with my bad experience with Totsy. I ordered an Alex Toys tabletop easel back in Nov. It arrived in time for Christmas, not too long of a wait, but once I looked at it I realized the one they sent was totally different than the one on the site and in my order description. There are 3 different versions of Alex easels, each with different features and prices.

I looked on Amazon and there were some comments there about the Mfgr's numbers being confused. Fine, so may be the mfgr's mistake, but it didn't have the features I needed so I wanted to return it. What I thought was a great deal was only an ok deal, this was a cheaper version and totally misrepresented on the site. And of course, now I had a 1.5 year old who wanted to play with it but I couldn't let him.

I emailed Totsy, tried calling customer service, and never even got a decent voice mail. Didn't hear from them for weeks. After that I checked online and saw all the bad reviews - don't know why I didn't check BBB in the first place like I do for everything else. I ended up keeping the easel but cancelled my Totsy account. I don't want to be tempted by their seemingly good deals and horrific service.

There are much better deal sites: mamabargains, Gilt, etc. that carry high quality products and respond to customer inquiries. Totsy is just not worth the trouble and I won't reward them with my business.
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Thanks for posting. I've only heard negative things about this site. Glad I never signed up!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast