Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Totsy ... :(

KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BayGirl2 View Post
    Might as well bump this up with my bad experience with Totsy. I ordered an Alex Toys tabletop easel back in Nov. It arrived in time for Christmas, not too long of a wait, but once I looked at it I realized the one they sent was totally different than the one on the site and in my order description. There are 3 different versions of Alex easels, each with different features and prices.

I looked on Amazon and there were some comments there about the Mfgr's numbers being confused. Fine, so may be the mfgr's mistake, but it didn't have the features I needed so I wanted to return it. What I thought was a great deal was only an ok deal, this was a cheaper version and totally misrepresented on the site. And of course, now I had a 1.5 year old who wanted to play with it but I couldn't let him.

I emailed Totsy, tried calling customer service, and never even got a decent voice mail. Didn't hear from them for weeks. After that I checked online and saw all the bad reviews - don't know why I didn't check BBB in the first place like I do for everything else. I ended up keeping the easel but cancelled my Totsy account. I don't want to be tempted by their seemingly good deals and horrific service.

There are much better deal sites: mamabargains, Gilt, etc. that carry high quality products and respond to customer inquiries. Totsy is just not worth the trouble and I won't reward them with my business.
    Was this since they changed management? I ordered something from them a month ago and it was damaged. They replied to my email within an hour and offered a refund or partial credit if I wanted to keep it. I went for the partial credit and it was applied immediately. In the past I've had issues with them as well but this last time was a pleasant experience.

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KLD313 View Post
    Was this since they changed management? I ordered something from them a month ago and it was damaged. They replied to my email within an hour and offered a refund or partial credit if I wanted to keep it. I went for the partial credit and it was applied immediately. In the past I've had issues with them as well but this last time was a pleasant experience.
    I was contacting them in Early January. When I looked online it seemed like they had continuous complaints going back 6+ months at least. So they may have changed management since then, but I did see some other posts on this board that seemed recent. I'd be happy to know if they did clean up their customer service, maybe I would be willing to use their site again.
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2