lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default jjb be all not cutting it - what should i get instead?

i've had the be all since DS was born

it's just not working. too small and too heavy.

maybe my personal items - long wallet, little pouch for gum, tissues, tampons, etc, case for eyeglasses plus stuff for my contacts - are taking up too much room in the front zipper compartment, but the space inside the bag is basically non-existent.

i need something much more roomy - so i can fit my personal stuff, as well as all of DS's necessities (these days, i have need for a change of clothes, snacks, drinks, diapers, wipes, a couple of toys, etc, etc

and ideally, it won't be so heavy

any suggestions?

thanks
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

todzwife is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The newer JJB fabrics are lighter, but I'm not a fan of the be-all design...

Are you wanting a tote? Messenger? Backpack?
    Shandelle
    Proud mom to Dallin 10/03 Maddie 1/06 Zoey 4/10 Sadie 7/13

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just got the Skip Hop Versa and I am in with it. I posted a review last week. It's really lightweight. Might be a ltitle tight depending on the amount of food, drink, and toys, but it is also expandable.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by todzwife View Post
    Are you wanting a tote? Messenger? Backpack?
    i don't know...open to suggestions!! though, i would say probably not backpack.

i just really want it to be functional.

i will check out the versa review
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

jacksmoma is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

versa is nice looking but not very large...maybe the ju ju mighty be? its a SUPER light tote style and you can fit a TON when you have to (sweaters, shoes, food, etc..). i'm still on the search for the perfect bag too so i'll keep an eye on this thread...!

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Sometimes I think it is a little big, but I have been really happy with my Be Spicy (I have Lotus Lullaby). I didn't look at the Be All because it didn't have a zipper in the main pocket and that was a must for me. I wanted a tote vs. a backpack to so I didn't even look at the Pack A Be. If this bag had been out in March when I bought my bag I most likely would've bought it, Ju Ju Be BFF Diaper Bag (this websites prices are high, that bag is the same price at Nordstroms IIRC)
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Skip Hop Studio. LOVE mine. It is my fave after going through several diaper bags. It is large but light, organized, stylish and has stroller clips.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009