Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Reviews on Kirkland shampoo?

I picked up some Kirkland moisturizing shampoo (comes in a big bottle with pump) at Costco today. The label said no parabens or sulfates. Has anyone used this yet? One thing I hate about some shampoos is buildup that makes my hair hard IYKWIM? Sometimes, shampoos that try to give "body" add things that coat the hair and end up making it stiff or hard. I generally prefer just a super basic shampoo with none of these additives (like a clarifying shampoo) and then do all the softening with a conditioner. In any case, what do you all think of the Kirkland shampoo??
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

codex57 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Come in a white bottle?

Thought it was fine. Like regular shampoo. Lathered, and not excessively. Certainly much better than, say, Suave.

I remember looking into it awhile back, and finding out it's made by one of the big names out there; I forget which one. I want to say maybe Matrix Biolage. But many blogs and reviews all said they loved it as well as their pricier salon shampoos. I personally haven't tried it yet.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by daisymommy View Post
    I remember looking into it awhile back, and finding out it's made by one of the big names out there; I forget which one. I want to say maybe Matrix Biolage.
    Hmm. This would be good news! I'll have to check it out.
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by daisymommy View Post
    I remember looking into it awhile back, and finding out it's made by one of the big names out there; I forget which one. I want to say maybe Matrix Biolage. But many blogs and reviews all said they loved it as well as their pricier salon shampoos. I personally haven't tried it yet.
    I am pretty sure it's made by Matrix. It works just as well.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

cindys is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I like the shampoo HATE the conditioner.

Cindy
    Mama to 3 boys...19, 4 & 2

ohiomom1121 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have curly hair and it doesn't work great for me...less curls more frizz. I did try it when I straightened my hair and it looked full and soft though. DD has long wavy hair and it works wonders for her. So much less tangly than it usually is. We use the shampoo and conditioner. I went back to my old shampoo but we are sticking with it for her.

It comes in a grayish bottle with black pump (it may have been different in the past). Thanks for the info on the maker. I knew it had to be a higher end manufacturer. The price is great--around $9, I think. I didn't pick up the conditioner b/c I'm picker on that and prefer Dove/pantene. Cindy, what didn't you like about the conditioner? I need something super strong for my thick/coarse hair, but those with finer hair don't like heavier conditioners at all.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Quote Originally Posted by ohiomom1121 View Post
    I have curly hair and it doesn't work great for me...less curls more frizz. I did try it when I straightened my hair and it looked full and soft though. DD has long wavy hair and it works wonders for her. So much less tangly than it usually is. We use the shampoo and conditioner. I went back to my old shampoo but we are sticking with it for her.
    Hmmm, so it sounds like it has some conditioners in it? But apparently not enough for your curly hair? I have long wavy/coarse hair. I guess I can always try it and see how it goes. Eventhough they take opened stuff back, I would never take an opened shampoo back.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

kms00 is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

I have been using the shampoo and conditioner. I like the new version much better than the last ones they had. I have shoulder length, fine hair. It makes my hair very soft. I hardly have to use any product in it now. My husband also likes it and said it doesn't seem to make his scalp dry and itchy like other shampoos. Hope it works, it is a great price.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast