Default Which HBB - Recaro Vivo, Sunshine Kids Monterey or Britax Parkway?

Hi!!

It's that nightmare time (too many options, and one scatterbrained mom) of looking for baby gear, again. Hellllppppp!!!! I am looking to replace my two Britax Marathon carseats that my daughter has outgrown. Her head sticks out over the top of the seat back. Anyway, I am looking to move her to a booster, and cannot decide between Recaro Vivo and Sunshine Kids Monterey for the side-impact protection feature. I am also including the Britax Parkway, 'coz that's just how much we love our old Marathons.

Now for the nitty-gritty... My daughter just turned 5 and weighs about 42 lbs. and is about 43" tall (I haven't measured her since the most recent growth spurt). I drive a Mini, and would like a booster that provides maximum protection with a small footprint. It would be a nice bonus if these boosters last her till she is able to use the car seat belt.

Thank you all for your advice in advance.

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I have the PW and the Monterey. My DD prefers the Monterey, but it is REALLY big. I'd try your DD in the PW first. I'd also try the Turbobooster. The Monterey would be my last choice, just because its sooooo huge.

I can't speak to the Recaro, we don't have them here.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Thanks, Melissa... Maybe I could get the Monterey for my husband's CR-V... :-)

I am using the Monterey in my Rav4 (previously in my Ody). I also checked fit in the 2010 CR-V and it was great.
    Melissa

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Thanks, Melissa... I just bought 2 Parkways SGL - Livia and Cardinal - on Amazon... I figured with two of the same, there would be less complaint/arguing about which was the better car seat, etc., between me and DD...

The PW will work fine in the CR-V too.

Happy boostering!
    Melissa