Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    emily is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default how many gifts??

How many gifts do your children get under the tree? I think I may be going overboard. But dang it, DD is 2.5 and actually shows interest in things now. I just want to get everything I know she will like. I think I've already wrapped 5-6 things already, plus a couple of things on the way via UPS. With a couple of weeks still left to shop, do i need to show some restraint??

jennilynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I had two toys for each of my boys, plus a few stocking stuffers and clothes and hubby said I was done. But last night I couldn't help ordering this awesome parking garage for my oldest. I definitely need to be done now. But there are like 15 shopping days left!

We'll let DS unwrap everything on Christmas but plan to stash all but two or three things in the closet and pull them out on a rainy day That way he doesn't go into toy overload.
    Slightly crunchy mama to three awesome monkeys

peanut520 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

WAY TOO MANY!!
    so far there are 11 from mom and dad
    pbk doll pram
    pbk doll clothes set
    pbk doll
    m&d chucky puzzles (2)
    m&d basic food set
    m&d cut and slice fruits
    m&d cut and slice veggies
    m&d ice cream set
    Tag reader
    Olivia zoobie

we havent started looking for stocking stuffers yet, but i might try to hit the tru bogo 2 free crayola sale tonight.

zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DD will be 3 the end of Jan

We are giving a train set I picked up at Costco- Santa will be leaving this out under the tree!
    A pillow pet
    Some books and A M&D 48 pc puzzle that I got really cheap in Sept at a carter's sale
    Clothing (needed so wrapping up!)
    PJ and slippers (she needed these anyway so I'm wrapping them up!)
    stocking stuffers:
    New toothbrushes
    Eeboo cards
    Hair clips
    harmonica
    A little Christmas themed playmobil

It's hard not to go overboard because she is just now getting into Christmas and Santa (not that Christmas is just about those things!)

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Clearly, I am the one with too much .

Right now, they're at 9 things each. I'd like it to be a bit lower, but can't figure what to cut. This includes stuff from Santa, mom/dad, and 1 from each sibling. Plus, some small stocking stuffers, too.
    Kris

g-mama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Too many. Usually between 10 and 15 each. Every year, I say we're cutting back and inevitably, my dh goes shopping the week before and buys more stuff. He definitely overdoes it at Christmas. I worry we've set a precedent we will regret.
    Kristen
    mama to 3 wild and crazy boys - ages 16, 13 and 11

We limit to 3 from santa (like baby jesus got) and i think we should do the same from us but we dont - maybe more like 8-10!! Some are small, like a book and somethings have always been garagesale/consignment finds and some clothing. This year is the first we have an expensive item actually (bike) so not too overboard but it could be less for sure. Then they have 6 or so from my parents, 1 from other grandma, and bunches from aunts/uncles. We stopped friend gifts. So overall, it is way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by mnosky1 View Post
    We limit to 3 from santa (like baby jesus got)
    I love that idea! Wish I would have thought of it before I had the boys make their list.

The boys didn't have a ton of stuff on their list. DS2 had 3 things on his list and DS1 had 4-5 things on his list. They were reasonable requests - nothing too huge or too expensive - so they'll get what they asked for plus a few other things. I'm guessing they'll have about 8 gifts each plus they have huge stockings that will hold a DVD, Leapster game, ornament, candy, small playmobil figure and few other things. Sounds like too much now that I'm thinking of it but like another poster stated, I can't figure out what to eliminate. We don't buy toys other times of the year (except birthdays of course) so I don't mind indulging them this one day out of the year - at least while they still believe in the magic of Christmas.
    Tami, mom to 2 boys
    DS1 - 2/05
    DS2 - 5/07
    DH - BillK

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Hmmmm. There will be many. But some of them are small, or "usables". I'm one of those who throws everything under the tree because I like to have a bunch of gifts. We don't do Santa, so the stuff under the tree is it. Well, plus stockings.

Quote Originally Posted by mnosky1 View Post
    We limit to 3 from santa (like baby jesus got).
    I love that idea! I think I'm going to have to borrow that one starting next year. I think they'll have a better understanding. Right now, they know it's baby Jesus' birthday but I don't think they comprehend anything beyond that.

We don't have a whole lot and are planning to keep it that way. DH & I had very similar Christmas childhoods as far as what our parents did for presents.

1 toy each from Santa
    1 shared toy
    1 toy each from us
    Books & 1 DVD each
    A set of Christmas jammies

....now that I'm listing this, it's looking like a lot (to me!).

My parents are spending the holidays with us & they've gone totally overboard with the orders they've put in through me for the kids. My mom already sent a box of clothes & shoes for them. Plus, they're talking about doing additional shopping for them when they get here. Ironic considering how much more conservative they were with us when we were kids.

Stockings: we're going to follow my mother's family tradition which was setting their shoes out in front of their living room window. They would receive oranges - a rarity where they grew up. Ours will be getting clementines and nuts - they're favorite snacks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast