Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We give each child 3 gifts at Christmas. They get more from grandparents/aunts/uncles so at our house we keep it simple. One of the gifts is always a book too. I remember as a kid my grandparents went overboard and we got everything on our wish lists each year and it felt gluttonous and not enjoyable after awhile...it was just too much. So I try to keep it a balance between getting some things they like without it being so much they aren't able to savor and enjoy each item.
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

This year we have two shared gifts - marble maze and telescope.

The older boys have four presents each - PJs, bigger Lego set, Lego book and then a book for DS1, duffle bag for Ds2.

Ds3 has five - PJs, Zip Bin and three Playmobil sets

Stockings I have stickers, hex bugs, small lego set (the bagged ones) and a book for each. A set of earphones for DS2. I'll probably pick up some little things this week to fill them out and some candy as well.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

firstbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We've scaled back down to "normal" this year. Last year, I stocked up on some plan toys stuff and couldn't stop at 1 and it just got to be a bit much. This year, they are each getting 1 thing from Santa, plus a gift to share (Blokus). In their stockings, they are getting 3 little things and a little bit of candy. From us they are each getting 2 things. What makes me anxious is how much MORE they are getting from family - 1 or 2 things from my mom, 1 or 2 things from my dad, at least 2 things from IL's (MIL sets a dollar amount and shops until she's reached that amount), 1 thing each from 4 sets of aunts and uncles, etc. So, it just gets to be so much so quickly. We've begged my IL's to not spend so much, and I think they want to, but don't want the kids to feel like they are getting less.

blisstwins is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

WAY too much, but I cannot help it. My parents did it this way and I think it is fun. Most of the stuff is inexpensive and stuff I would buy anyway: a sketch book and cray pas, books, puzzles, new Pjs. New and "big gifts" are only 3-4 each.

We give 3 gifts to TG excluding books. She can have as many books as we want to give her but for toys and gifts (including clothes) we limit it to three. We make one of them the gift from Santa.

I usually add small trinkets to their stockings that are a culmination of the items grandmas, grandpas, aunts and uncles and mom and dad have amassed in the last few months. Examples are: wooden trucks, planes, bracelets, necklaces, etc...

On the other hand, the grandparents think we're Jewish and this year have purchased 8 gifts each for TG.

With all these gifts from the Grandmas and Grandpas, you may see our family soon on the news as I believe we'll be needing to make a roped path to get in and out of our house.
    Mom, Wife and Finder of lost items
    AP-er, Breastfeeder, Babywearing, No Circ Mama

Right now DS1 has 6 things to unwrap from us, plus his Santa gift (Leapster 2, case, and four games, but I'm boxing them together). There are two other things I'd like to get him, but I'm trying to resist because I really have enough and he gets a ton from family.
    Stacy
    Wife to K
    Mommy to A (5) and twins E & S (1.5)

The biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make...I did not live in the moment enough. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less. - Anna Quindlen

DD is getting a ton this year. Mostly it is because she didn't get much at her birthday in september (we were in the middle of a move). also she is moving into a lot of new toy interests. She is getting 4 from santa and 7 from my DH and I. The rest are stocking stuffers. None of them are hugely expensive this year though. she is getting:

1. princess dress up shoes
    2. trio blocks
    3. train set
    4. fold and go princess castle from melissa and doug
    5. 2 books
    6. large floor puzzle
    7. snap and style doll and outfit
    8. olivia doll
    9. viewmaster w/ extra picture packs
    10. pots and pans for her kitchen
    11. basket of play food

Well since all the gifts are from Santa I think its ALOTTTTTTTTTT.. But my husband really wants our son to have alot of gifts under the tree and some of it is stuff we have had put away for awhile. When the disney movie cars came out my husband started buying all the little diecast cars. They are all still in the package and this year our son will be getting all of them (thats a bunch). He's also getting 3 dvd's,4 special agent oso toys, a chick hicks truck and a leakless truck ( car movie obsessed),Fast lane hot rod cars, lights & sound construction (digger), Leapfrog computer, wheelies rampway.
    And then stocking stuffers which so far we only have two christmas themed "cars", "cars silly bands and some cars stickers. Not sure what else we are getting for that

From grandparents he will have the lego duplo firehouse and fire truck. Not sure what my brother and sil are getting him.
    He'll also get a mr. potato head but not sure if my mom is giving him that or if santa is ( mom picked it up at toys r us for $3.99 so she has to bring it with her).
    Renee
    (mommom to Noah my beautiful Ethiopian miracle. born 6/26/08 forever a family 4/20/09)

All of their presents are from Santa, none from us. We try to stick to about 4 or 5 and then stocking stuffers. But then they get a LOT from family members on Xmas Eve and then Xmas day but none of these are under our tree.

DS (7) is getting the Lego Motorized AT-AT, the Lego Pharoah's Quest pyramid, Paper Jamz drums and amp, and 2 books (Guiness book of world records and a nice Harry Potter book about behind the scenes on all the movies).

DD (4.5) is getting a basket full of dress-up clothes and shoes, Cicciobello doll, Strawberry Shortcake Berry Cafe and a Paper Jamz guitar...maybe one more small thing, not sure.

Then they're both sharing the Playmobil School and Gym set which will be all set up for them already.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3