Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default ***Random purse questions...

Random purse questions...

How many purses do you own?

What is the color of the purse that you are carrying right now?

How many times a year do you switch out your purse?

What is the average cost of ONE of your purses?

How different colors of purses do you have?

Does your husband know the true number of how many purses you
    own and/or how much money you have spent on said purses over
    the years?

Please add any other interesting purse facts about yourself.
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Do all types count? Fancy clutches, daytime, evening,..how about diaper bags that double as a purse?

Beth

How many purses do you own? if this includes diaper bags that are essentially my purses right now i'm at 11

What is the color of the purse that you are carrying right now? denim Coach tote and black/yellow VB

How many times a year do you switch out your purse? this question should be phrased how many times a week do you switch out for me!

What is the average cost of ONE of your purses? $150ish

How different colors of purses do you have? 6

the years? yes to the first and for the most part on the 2nd

Finally #2 due April 17, 2015

DS - 8.22.08
    allergic to dairy, eggs and nuts
    outgrew wheat!

cono0507 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

How many purses do you own? way too many. dozens?

What is the color of the purse that you are carrying right now? brown

How many times a year do you switch out your purse? not seasonal for me generally. i have a few bags i switch between on a regular basis and few others for special occasions/dressier

What is the average cost of ONE of your purses? Hi - around $200. The average? $40

How different colors of purses do you have? Brown, black, red, straw. Maybe 4-5 colors?

the years?
    Yep. He bought my nice Coach ones for me. And we just moved and he saw the two rubbermaids of bags I have (and really need to purge. they just aren't getting used.)

Please add any other interesting purse facts about yourself.[/QUOTE]

Moneypenny is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have one purse. It's black and white houndstooth-y. I will not switch until it falls apart, at which point I'll get a new one. I have a strong opposition to paying more than $25 for a purse. DH has no idea how good he has it that bags are not my thing. I tried to tell him once how many purses, shoes and hair coloring appointments many women have and he just didn't believe me, lol!
    Moneypenny
    DD is 19!

# of purses right now = 0

I do have one black diaper bag which is a backpack. When I go out w/o DC I just carry my wallet/wristlet. Does a wallet/wristlet count? If so, I spend $50-100 each time and I usually have only one at a time. Right now I have a black patterned one. Yes my dh knows how many I have and how much they cost.

On the other hand, when I visit my mom, I usually persuade her to give me one of her purses or wallets as she is a purse/wallet fiend. However she is very into coach right now and I am not. Anyone else do that?

How many purses do you own? About 10 right now but I have 2-3 on order (I can't remember exactly how many I ordered...lol)

What is the color of the purse that you are carrying right now? It's a white background with big pink, lime and black polka dots on it, with a black bottom and interior is bright pink with white swirls

How many times a year do you switch out your purse? When I get bored with the one I'm using

What is the average cost of ONE of your purses? $45-50 I have a friend who makes them so I get them all custom made through her

How different colors of purses do you have? Each one is different so 10

the years?
    Yes and Yes
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I'm not a huge purse lover. I LOVE shoes and try to match outfits to my excessive shoe collection. i get overwhelmed if I have to match a purse in there too. LOL.

I have 2 purses that i carry. One is is taupe leather, from Banana Republic, on sale last fall for $113 (down from $226). It's pretty "minimalist" in that it doesn't have any designs but has a big silver toggle latch on front and identical toggle hardware that the shoulder straps connect to. It's not really big. I wear it on my shoulder under my arm. it's probably big enough to fit my wallet, a small makeup bag and a pair of ballerine flats in and nothing else. Its not the kind of bag you'd really notice. It seems to blend in with any outfit without drawing attention to itself. I carry this most of the year.

For the summer, I use a woven straw Etienne Aigner ($50?) purse that is a bit larger than my Banana Republic purse. It's got a woven straw plaid print on it that is really cute and matches with everything.

For date night, I have all kinds of little bags that won't fit more than my driver's licence, compact, lipstick and some credit cards. They are colorful Asian-looking bags with bright colored embroidery on satin fabric. They were in the Target dollar bin! I find them there a couple of times a year. Some have bamboo handles. They are so fun but pretty delicate so I only use them for date nights.

I have a Jujube backpack for when we take the entire family out and I need to back drinks and changes of clothing.

ETA: I probably own about 10 other purses- 2 leather teensy backpacks, an old-style black coach bag from 15 years ago, a couple of others that I dont' really use much except with specific outfits. They are all on a high shelf of my closet since they don't get much use anymore.
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 12-09-2010 at 06:20 PM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Corie View Post

How many purses do you own?
    4 everyday 2 travel (small cross body style), 4 or 5 evening but they were mostly from my grandmother, very high quality vintage bags

What is the color of the purse that you are carrying right now?
    Red leather Dooney

How many times a year do you switch out your purse?
    3 or 4

What is the average cost of ONE of your purses?
    $250

How different colors of purses do you have?
    all are different colors except the evening bags

the years?
    Yes I have them in a couple sweater organizers in our shared closet but most have been gifts from my mom so he doesn't have a problem.

I would love a LV but can't get myself to spend that much on a purse. (Ms. Pacman I would take any of your hand me downs )
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

lovebebes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have one bag. Its black, messenger, Chloe. Bought on sale at Neiman Marcus at least three years ago, more probably.

I still love it so much-it is understated and has a beautiful shape-can be worn across body or as a shoulder bag. It has served me so well-I have not bought any other bags at all since I bought my Chloe. Therefore I think I now deserve a new one.
    DD S 2002
    DD L born sleeping 04.2006
    DD L 2007
    Finally our littlest rainbow is here!
    DD C 2010