Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I am a WOHM and not a morning person at all, but 5:30-7 am is the only time I have to work out on a consistent basis so I suck it up, get up early and walk over to the gym. It is really hard to get up and get there but I really enjoy it once I am there. I would encourage you to give it a try.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have the same issue. I work 7:30a-4p (leave at 7a, get home with DS at 5p). From 5-6:30 we play with/feed DS and put him to bed, then we make dinner for ourselves, eat, and straighten up and/or get ready for the next day. Weekends we usually have family obligations and I sleep in until about 9 because otherwise I'm terrible to live with

I don't take lunch breaks at work, and I have a hard time getting out the door at 7am as it is, so getting up earlier probably won't work either. Not sure what to do...
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

cvanbrunt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Well, I hate to say it but I work out in the morning. I have a 6am Tues and a 6:30am Thurs session. One is a private and one is a group class. I pay ahead of time and if you don't cancel 24hrs ahead you still get the session deducted. That's a good motivator to actually get out of bed. Both DH and I work full time, I commute an hour each direction, the whole evening is sucked up with dinner, bed, etc. If you want to fit it in, you just have to find the time. I'd rather not get up so early but this is the only way it works.
    Carrie

DD#1 September 2005
    DD#2 October 2007

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by weech View Post
    I have the same issue. I work 7:30a-4p (leave at 7a, get home with DS at 5p). From 5-6:30 we play with/feed DS and put him to bed, then we make dinner for ourselves, eat, and straighten up and/or get ready for the next day. Weekends we usually have family obligations and I sleep in until about 9 because otherwise I'm terrible to live with

I don't take lunch breaks at work, and I have a hard time getting out the door at 7am as it is, so getting up earlier probably won't work either. Not sure what to do...
    Yeah, I don't take lunch either, just work straight thru 8-630 except on Tue and Thu when I have to pick up DS, then I get an hour break picking him up. I followed PPs advise to look at the rec center. I am 150% bummed, their daytime classes are MWF when I have DS. Their evening classes all start before DH gets home from work. I am going to look into having MIL come on Mondays so I go to atleast one class, but I am not sure about that longterm and all the sitters we know have regular jobs during the week. I am going to check out the one gym in town for T/Th, I just really want to be able to take a class because I know it will motivate me so much more. I am going to keep scouring the internet! I am sure there is something out there, I just need to look harder...or force myself to get up at the butt crack of dawn.

Thanks for sharing your experiences everyone, I need a good dose of motivation, and a real break/nights sleep might go a long way too!!
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

Have you tried to find some non-traditional work out classes? I found a community ed yoga/pilates class that meets once a week in the evening at the elementary school down the street from me. Inexpensive and close by . I miss it when the class is on hiatus.

mskitty

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I know you said this was out for you but my main workout is 4 days a week at 5:30, rain or shine, in the dark or in the sun outside. It is a bootcamp. I wear a hat and mittens this time of year. I never thougt it would work for me but I found that after the first week it was kind of addictive.

In addition, I do a stretching class and a pilates class at the very tale end of my workday 1 time a week each. Not in the evening, more like 4:30 and 5pm. Some Saturdays I do extra pilates.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2