Default New Native vs hotsling Carrier

Hi - I am trying to decide between the Hotsling and the New Native Sling and can't seem to figure out which one will be more comfortable/easy to use. they seem very similar so I wondered if any of you have either of these and can provide feedback.

Thanks in advance!

Jasmine

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Hi Jasmine! Welcome to the boards. Just as a head's up, your post will probably be moved over to the carrier section, so that the gurus over there can chime in.

I have both kinds, plus an old baby Bijorn. I started with a NN with Lula, and we used it for well over a year. Super, duper simple. I bought the Hotsling because I found it a TJ Maxx for a great price and loved the fabric. I don't like that it has a small padded bit that is supposed to go against my body. LIke a little tube of padding on the edge. It makes the whole thing a little bit bulkier when I pack it in the diaper bag, and it annoys me.

I love, love, love my NN. I have even learned how to nurse discreetly in it with Dolly. HTH!
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

I prefer the NN, I have both and the fabric on that one just seems sturdier and I was able to get a better fit with it. Hth! Welcome to the boards!
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

Thanks ladies for the quick response and thanks for the heads up on moving the post. I didn't realize there is a "carrier" section all together. Fabulous!

I'll be the voice of dissent. I have never seen anyone wear a NN that fit them properly. The company makes them too big, and even the pictures of their models show them wearing them too big. Your baby should be worn up close snug against your body, several inches above your belly-button.

The hotsling carriers fit so much better, and the size charts are very accurate if you measure yourself. It will make all the difference in the world to your back as your baby gets heavier if your sling fits you properly.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

We have one of each. I agree with a pp that the NN sizing runs large. I ordered a NN first and carefully followed the measuring instructions on the website, but it just never fit me well (I'm fairly petite--about 5'2" and 115 lbs postpartum). No problem as it ended up working perfectly for DH (who is tall and thin). I bought a Hotsling at Target and it fit me perfectly!

Ideally, you'd either try on several slings in a store, or borrow some from a friend), or order 2-3 different slings and return whichever ones don't fit. That may or may not be feasible for you, so I'd just say that, in my experience, the NNs run a bit big and don't seem to work as well for short or petite frames.
    Mom to J 6/25/08 and M 6/21/11

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by daisymommy View Post
    I'll be the voice of dissent. I have never seen anyone wear a NN that fit them properly. The company makes them too big, and even the pictures of their models show them wearing them too big. Your baby should be worn up close snug against your body, several inches above your belly-button.

The hotsling carriers fit so much better, and the size charts are very accurate if you measure yourself. It will make all the difference in the world to your back as your baby gets heavier if your sling fits you properly.
    Plus, I liked the padded leg rail, it keeps the baby from getting red marks on his legs. I had a WOHM cotton pouch sling that was plain, w/o the leg rail and ended up having to add a receiving blanket under my son's legs so it was more comfortable for him. So, I personally think that the design of the hotsling is awesome.
    Last edited by hellokitty; 12-15-2010 at 01:30 AM.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Edensmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Hotsling and go for the sateen I have one of each and hands down the satteen is nicer and comfier.

ged is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I don't have a NN, but I have a hotsling that is over 5 years old, and I still love it!