Default Smaller diaper bag-ideas?

I've been using the same diaper bag since DD was a newborn, and while I love it, it is BIG (my mother made it for me-for any sewing mamas on the board, it's from the Amy Butler Little Stitches book, the modern diaper bag). I still love it for long outings, but now that she's older and I don't have to haul as much stuff around, I'd like a smaller bag for quick trips (I still have to carry around a small cooler for bottles of breast milk and her food, but it hooks onto the stroller so that's a non-issue). I'd prefer to not spend above $50-60 for it, and would like one that hooks onto stroller handles for ease of use (I have a Maclaren Triumph for my indoor stroller and a Joovy Zoom for outdoor use). I looked at the Skip Hop bags and they have a couple of good options, but I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas before I commit. Thanks!

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The Skip Hop Versa. I love mine. If you get it at BBB with a 20% coupon it is $56 plus tax.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Love my Columbia Trekster backpack diaper bag. Got it a BRU for about $30-40. Its the one we use most of the time. We have a larger one that is used only for overnights.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3199292

Plus, there's the added bonus that DH has always loved that bag, too. He'd never carry a "traditional" diaper bag with a shoulder strap.

boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

I had a seller on etsy.com make me one b/c I couldn't find a bag I liked. I wanted something to look more like a purse, but still have compartments to hold bottle/sippy cup, diapers, wipes, binky, iphone, etc.

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by boilermakermom View Post
    I had a seller on etsy.com make me one b/c I couldn't find a bag I liked. I wanted something to look more like a purse, but still have compartments to hold bottle/sippy cup, diapers, wipes, binky, iphone, etc.
    Do you have a link to the seller? I love the look of Hot Mama Handbags on Etsy, but they are more than I have to spend on yet another bag right now!

To the OP, how much do you carry? When I transitioned to a smaller bag, I just started using larger mom-friendly purses. Some of my favs are the Haiku To-Go (love the side pockets to hold sippies!), Vera Bradley Cargo Sling (retired but you can find them on Ebay), and Lesportsac Everyday Deluxe. I also have a Fleurville leather Luxe which is on the smaller side and looks more like a purse. Also retired, but they pop up on Ebay every now and then.

If you are packing pretty light (one sippy, a soft wipes pack, a few dipes, and your stuff), I have a Lug Moped that would work for that. Its just too small for me since I have a toddler and preschooler so need to always have two sippies with me, so I have to let it go since its not getting used. And slightly bigger than that is the JuJuBe BeLight. I know lots of moms on here also like the Overland Donner (I had one for a brief time and it was nice).