Default DD is getting a Bitty Baby! I'm excited

I feel like a little kid All of my shopping was done for DD (more than done really, thanks to that Amazon thread!). But I really wanted her to have a Bitty Baby. So, on a whim, I put it on her Amazon wishlist (you can add things from outside retailers). My Dad saw it, and bought it for her!
    YEAH! Let the fun begin!

So I bought the diaper bag set too (hiding head), and am putting a set of milk & juice bottles in her stocking. I think she's set for a little while!

Now, anything I should know for the future? Great sellers on Etsy for clothes? Other great accessories? I would love to get her the front carrier for her birthday in the Spring (it's on back order now anyway).

Thanks for indulging me
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by daisymommy View Post
    I feel like a little kid All of my shopping was done for DD (more than done really, thanks to that Amazon thread!). But I really wanted her to have a Bitty Baby. So, on a whim, I put it on her Amazon wishlist (you can add things from outside retailers). My Dad saw it, and bought it for her!
    YEAH! Let the fun begin!

So I bought the diaper bag set too (hiding head), and am putting a set of milk & juice bottles in her stocking. I think she's set for a little while!

Now, anything I should know for the future? Great sellers on Etsy for clothes? Other great accessories? I would love to get her the front carrier for her birthday in the Spring (it's on back order now anyway).

Thanks for indulging me
    Not to be an enabler or anything but Ergo makes a doll carrier.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

oh , i'm excited for both of you!!!

my friends can't believe that my lucy doesn't have a bitty yet (i've been on an american girl doll list for nearly 15 years now!!!), but as much as it breaks my heart, she just isn't a "baby" girl (yet, i'm hopeful!). she LOVES to dress dolls, but the mothering thing...not so much. and she has too many dolls already and yadda,yadda,yadda... BUT---

oh i'm so excited for you! bitty is so fun i *LOVE* the diaper bag-- i've almost ordered that sweet thing so many times despite it being $$$$ and we already have the corolle one *gulp* have a blast-- the clothes are always so sweet- better in person i think. fun!

welcome to bitty baby world!

Both my girls have bitty babies and LOVE them! Excellent choice on the diaper bag. Dd1 got that for her 4th birthday and it has gotten so much play. Honestly I think all the accessories is what continues to encourage their pretend play. We have the changing table (I found this for 6 bucks at goodwill. crazy, I know!), snack set, toy set, bitty twins birthday set, twins table and chair set and the diaper bag set. For christmas dd2 is getting the crib and stroller. The stroller is fantastic. So much nicer than all the other strollers I have seen. I have been really pleased with everything and don't mind spending a little more because they play with it all.the.time.

The matching jammie sets are super cute!

Amelia
    DD 3/06
    DS 3/09

Quote Originally Posted by ellies mom View Post
    Not to be an enabler or anything but Ergo makes a doll carrier.
    My kids have that one, it's great. My 2.5 year old son carries his Buzz Lightyear dolls in it.

Beco also has a nice one
    http://www.becobabycarrier.com/cat-2/

and so does moby wrap
    http://www.mobywrap.com/c-18-mini-moby.aspx

Married to DH since '95

DS1 (’96)DS2 (’97) & DD1 (’97) (twins)DS3 (’99)DD2 (’00)DS4 (’01)DD3 (’03) & DS5 (’03) (twins)
    DD4 (’04)DS6 (’05)DD5 (’07) & DD6 (’07) (twins)DS7 (’08)DS8 (’09) & DS9 (’09) (twins) - DD7 ('11)

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I Bitty and all her adorable accessories!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Yeah!!! I am so happy for you (& your DD!)

I have actually found some really cute doll clothes at little craft
    shows in my area. The local high schools all seem to have craft
    shows with lots of vendors. There are always 3-4 booths set up
    with hand-sewn doll clothes.
    Just a thought!!
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

Yeah! My DD loves her Bitty Twin baby and always plays with her clothes and accessories too. We got the diaper bag and she loves it. Also got the little denim purse with mirror and brush in it to brush her hair. I buy some outfit from AG and also have found some on ebay that fit the bitty's and are cute. Just got the stroller a couple months ago for DD's b-day and she's always rolling it around the house. It's worth the money- very smooth, quiet and nice. Also have the crib and mobile and she's getting the changing table for Christmas. Hmm...now that I'm looking at all this- maybe she has too much! But she does play with it all so we're okay with spending the money on it and it's lasted. Have fun!
    Tammy

Big DD
    Little DD