barbarhow is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default digital camera recs

I would love to get a digital camera for Jack, my almost 8yo. The kids ones look kind of, well, kiddish. Some of them say 3 and up. I would love to find one that is reasonably priced that takes somewhat decent pictures. A search on Amazon has been overwhelming. Hope someone has some ideas. TIA

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I just did the same thing recently, for Punkin who will be 7 in Feb. and desperately wants a camera for Christmas.

All the kids' ones I saw got very bad reviews for poor photo quality and camera durability. He also doesn't need it to play games or add silly stuff to the photos. I ended up getting him a Kodak Easyshare (c122 I think?? It's hidden away in the closet) that was on sale at TRU a couple weeks ago for $50. It has 8mp and got good reviews. I just couldn't stomach spending more on his first camera, but he really wants to take his own pictures so I know he will actually care how they turn out. HTH!

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

sail731 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I am giving our older digital camera to DD, though did see this one on Amazon and thought that $59 was very good for a basic point and shoot with memory card.

http://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-J40-D...2537819&sr=8-1

barbarhow is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thank you! I just found the Kodak easy share at Staples on line-49.99 fs. Perfect!