Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default How often do you KISS your spouse??

How many times a day do you kiss your spouse?

How many times is it a peck or quick kiss versus a "really good"
    movie kiss??

Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

We are pretty kissy and affectionate. Usually I get a really good one when we wake up in the morning before we get the baby up. Then when we leave for work it is about 50/50 peck/real kiss, it depends on whether or not the neighbors are outside. Then there is usually a peck when we get home from work. Then a really good one after we get the baby down to sleep and another really good one before bed. Sometimes there are more depending on what we do at night (wink wink) but that is the bare minimum.

I one time saw a sex therapist on tv and he said that the worst thing married people can do for their love life is give pecks. He said that every kiss doesn't need to be a french kiss, but it should be more than a peck. He said that it keeps everyone thinking more about intimacy in the marriage and improves your love life. Now I don't agree that a peck is the "worst thing" you could do, but we do try to keep the pecks to a minimum and commit to good kisses whenever there isn't an audience.

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post
    We are pretty kissy and affectionate. Usually I get a really good one when we wake up in the morning before we get the baby up. Then when we leave for work it is about 50/50 peck/real kiss, it depends on whether or not the neighbors are outside. Then there is usually a peck when we get home from work. Then a really good one after we get the baby down to sleep and another really good one before bed. Sometimes there are more depending on what we do at night (wink wink) but that is the bare minimum.

Wow!!! I am totally impressed with all that kissing!!!
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

Quote Originally Posted by Corie View Post
    Wow!!! I am totally impressed with all that kissing!!!
    Thanks, it is actually something I make an effort on because DH and I have been together for 11 years and I worry about losing the passion.

Quite a lot, although more quick kisses than the really good stuff.

DH tends to initiate kissing more than I do. I'm more of a hugger.
    Stacy
    Wife to K
    Mommy to A (5) and twins E & S (1.5)

The biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make...I did not live in the moment enough. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less. - Anna Quindlen

I don't see him in the morning during the week. He used to kiss me goodbye, but it would wake me up, so he doesn't anymore. We kiss when he gets home. Lots of pecks throughout the evening. Usually at least one "real" kiss when the kids go to sleep. We're kind of a kissy household, the girls like to give us kisses too.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

A few pecks per day. Good kisses varies a lot. Some days none, others lots. I'm not touchy feely with other people, but I really like hugs and kisses with dh.

Catherine

jse107 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JoyNChrist View Post
    DH tends to initiate kissing more than I do. I'm more of a hugger.
    Same here.

I was thinking about this topic earlier this week, just because we've been so busy lately and I think that our affection has gone way down. I definitely need to make more of an effort!
    Jen
    "What we permit we promote."

MamaSnoo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We really need to make more of an effort on this. I would say 2 pecks a day. I have not had a real kiss in a couple weeks.
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaSnoo View Post
    We really need to make more of an effort on this. I would say 2 pecks a day. I have not had a real kiss in a couple weeks.
    I'm in the same boat. I have to be more mindful of this.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast