Default What diaper bag do you recommend?

I am looking to get a new diaper bag. I am due in April with my third, so I will have two in diapers. I currently have a Fleurville Mothership and Sling Tote but they are way to heavy to carry when loaded. Is there something that is not so heavy when loaded? How does the Ju Ju Be Between or Petunia Picklebottom Boxy Diaper Bag compare to the Fleurvilles? I don't want something too big but not too small either.

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just recently got a Skip Hop Versa and LOVE it. It can expand to accommodate more stuff if you need it to. It looks more like a purse than a diaper bag.

I found the Ju Ju Be brand to be heavy, even before putting anything into them. But a lot of people like them.

I have two in diapers as well and have the JJB PackaBe. I love it. It holds, toys, bottles, juice, etc. and has a pocket for my wallet and makeup as well. It can carried like a shoulder bag but also a backpack for hands-free.

I currently have 2 in diapers as well. I love my Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag. I use it as a backpack. You have the option to carry over the shoulder as well. The fabric is very pretty and I always get a lot of compliments on it. It's a beautiful bag.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

The Skip Hop Studio bag would work.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have a Skip Hop Versa and love it, but I'm not sure you will have enough room if you have 2 in diapers. The Skip Hop Studio Tote would probably be a better choice. I wonder if the Columbia Trekster backpack would work for you, as you could have both hands free. Or maybe the JJB Be Spicy. I have heard that the new patterns/fabrics are lighter than the older ones. Then there is always the Skip Hop Duo, but that might be TOO large.

Also, believe it or not, the new carters and gerber totes are very nice looking, and VERY large. So if designer/non designer isn't important to you, you might want to look at those.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

I've had 3 diaper bags so far:
    -JuJuBe BeAll
    -StorkSak Aubrey
    -Not Rational Hansel

My favorite is the Not Rational Hansel. The strap of the JJB BeAll was too flimsy for me, and it would get twisted around. I also thought the bag was too small for my needs. The SS Aubrey bag was very neutral, so DH really liked that one, but it was also way too small and heavy. Both the JJB and SS bags had flap tops, so sometimes when I'd grab the bag in a rush, the contents would spill. The NR Hansel bag is also neutral, roomy, has a zipper, and is super lightweight. It can be worn as a messenger bag or a tote, which I also like. The only thing it doesn't have is insulation for bottles, but I just bought that separately. HTH!
    Mommy to DS 2/10 and furbaby 7/08.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I need a bag with the zipper top so I chose a JJB Be Spicy bag. It's mainly used for just DD2, but I like that it has a little more space (but not as big as a Mighty Be) when I have some of DD1's stuff in there. I find it to be quite comfortable and have never had any issues with the straps. The JJB bag clips come with the bag, and it works great on the Bob Duallie, and the Vista.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I have a brand new JJB Packabe that I have never used because it is too heavy even without putting anything in it (I really should get around to finding it a new home).

We have a LLBean carryall diaper bag (very lightweight) that we use all the time, but lately I've just been using a big purse for short trips.
    Last edited by indigo99; 12-26-2010 at 11:43 PM.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11