Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What's your favorite shampoo for hair with oily roots??

Any other oily haired ladies out there? (Oily as in I need to wash daily or it's not pretty) What is your favorite shampoo???
    Blessed mommy of 2 beautiful boys

mom2khj is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

You just described my hair! I like Paul Mitchell Shampoo Two I think, it smells like lemon/lime. I also use their color protection shampoo since I have highlights (it's got an orange lid).

willow33 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

This is me exactly. Even if I wash my hair at night I still have to wash it in the morning. I have very oily skin. I really like Clairol Herbal Essences Drama Clean. It's the one in the green bottle. It is very lightweight and doesn't leave a lot of residue.

Here's a pic:
    http://www.herbalessences.com/en-US/...ts/normal-hair

Just wanted to add that I use both the shampoo and conditioner and like them both!
    ~H~

Mom to 3 sweet kids
    2003 ~ 2005 ~ 2009

I'll check it out - thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by willow33 View Post
    This is me exactly. Even if I wash my hair at night I still have to wash it in the morning. I have very oily skin. I really like Clairol Herbal Essences Drama Clean. It's the one in the green bottle. It is very lightweight and doesn't leave a lot of residue.

Here's a pic:
    I like this one too. It is one I have used before.

I also like dry shampoo. Tres Semme (sp?) has a new one. I apply it to my bangs and roots on hot days in the afternoon so I don't have to wash again before going out at night.

Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I loved Drama Clean but had to stop using it because it made my scalp itch! It was the best thing I've ever used for my super oily hair. Now I'm using the Body Envy, but it's not as good.

It seems that everyone else is trying to put moisture into their hair, and I'm trying to wring the oil out. Ick!
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

In the summer I like Lush Squeaky Green because my hair can get like that, too. It's a solid shampoo bar and, like a lot of Lush products, it's got bits of whatever they used to formulate it in the product. This one's got seaweed.

The smell's pretty inoffensive and if you lather it in your hands rather than dragging the bar across your head it works better than getting the seaweed bits tangled in your hair.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

I like Aussie's Cleanse and Mend. It's supposed to be good for combination hair. I have wavy hair, but oily scalp so the curl shampoos are too moisture rich for my scalp. But if I
    don't get some moisture my waves turn to frizz.
    Lyra 12/30/02 49", 65# in Literiders
    Cree 03/16/06 41.5", 39# in a PW and B510
    Nash 03/30/08 39.5", 36# FF in a MA65 and RN65

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Quote Originally Posted by willow33 View Post

Here's a pic:

Just wanted to add that I use both the shampoo and conditioner and like them both!
    I've used the Drama Clean one as well. My fav is Rusk Purify, but it's more expensive, and harder to find in stores:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=pd_lpo_k...EJPX8VZDX2EB20

willow33 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I just bought Aveda's Rosemary Mint shampoo and conditioner and tried it for the first time yesterday. I love the smell and it seems to work well, but my hair didn't feel as soft as the Drama Clean when done. It was harder to comb after toweling it dry a little. I will try it a few more times and let you know.
    ~H~

Mom to 3 sweet kids
    2003 ~ 2005 ~ 2009

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast