Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Can you recommend a dishwasher?

We may be replacing our dishwasher soon and my SIL also needs a new one. Any recommendations or ones to avoid? My current one is a basic Kenmore and I've never been fond of it though I am usually ok with Kenmore.

Beth

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

loved loved loved loved loved loved my Bosch! Hated to leave it behind when we moved.
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

That was the brand I thought was highly recommended.

Beth

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    That was the brand I thought was highly recommended.

Beth
    A friend told me when research for her new kitchen, everyone agreed on bosch dishwasher.

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We HATE our Bosch and have had NOTHING BUT TROUBLE with it! They have replaced the main control board four times in five years. Not to mention the recall that was preceded by a letter saying "do not use your dishwasher until the repair has been completed", but it was to be at least three weeks before the service could be done.

Actually we are shopping for a new one now after paying $200 to have it repaired the last time. Even though everyone is telling us to buy another Bosch, I can't do it. Even if ours is a "lemon", it shouldn't have happened.

We have discussed a Miele, but are still not sure on the diswasher...

Love our Kitchenaid! We decided on it rather than Bosch because I was concerned about the lack of grinder in the Bosch models (I'm not so great about rinsing dishes clean before loading the dishwasher...).

ETA: I don't remember our model number, but I'm guessing the models change every year. We got it at Lowes, and it has a stainless tub.
    Last edited by MommyAllison; 01-22-2011 at 10:09 PM.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

Not to hijack the thread but it might be helpful if people note the model that they have, not just the brand.
    DD '06
    DD '14

We hate our GE Profile.
    Mamma to a pretty little princess 3/06, a long awaited blessing 6/11, and a sweet surprise 11/13!

zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Thumbs up on Kitchen Aid

We have a middle of the road Kitchen Aid we got from Sears. Ours has performed pretty well- it's quiet, stainless steel tub, etc. We also looked at the Bosch, but I didn't like how small the rack was- it just seemed small.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

We have a higher end Kenmore Elite. It's 6 years old and was repaired twice last year - one was due to power shortage, it melted something in the control panel. Fixing it was just under amount where it's better to replace. Then 5 months later a fuse goes in the door and it won't work. That was an easy fix, and I watched what he did so next time DH can do it. Repairman says fuses often go. I'm hoping to not see him again anytime soon.

Other than that, I do like it. It is quiet, you don't need to rinse dishes off and you can raise/lower the top rack to fit things in. It was more $$ than other models as DH insisted on highest amount of noise dampening. I run it when we go to bed and DH complains if he can hear the dishwasher.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast