Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    tiapam is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default What's missing in your house?

Goldenpig's thread got me thinking of a question I am always meaning to post. What is MIA in your house right now? My list:

Borders gift card - every time I tried to use it online, I got interrupted, and then it just disappeared. It's been missing for 4-6 months so either thrown out or just buried.

My favorite fall/winter shoes - I am blaming the cleaning people for these. They always feel the need to move my shoes even if I think they are in a reasonable spot.

I know there is more.

DH will have some time off work after New Year's, so I am hoping we find some treasures while we are getting the house in shape. Which DH is supposedly on board for, but we'll see...
    -Pam

DD: 6 YO
    DS: 3 YO

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

My measuring tape. DH used it tonight to measure DD#1's head for a new ski helmet and its now missing. WTF?

ETA: I forget where I found this (ha ha ha), but I did find it about 2w after it was lost. Of course, it was ME who found it and not DH, who was the last to use it. Figures.
    Last edited by bubbaray; 01-26-2011 at 01:19 AM.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post
    My measuring tape. DH used it tonight to measure DD#1's head for a new ski helmet and its now missing. WTF?
    This is what is CONSTANTLY missing in our house. We have three and can never find any of them. An exhaustive search turned up one on Sunday night, I am sure I won't be able to find it again by tomorrow.
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

A big hat in the shape of a cheeseburger. I am giving up hope. We lost it 2 years ago and I always figured it would turn up when I did some deep cleans. Well, I've done those deep cleans and no luck.

Beth

The magnetic "key" to our childproof locks for our kitchen drawers. DH had it last. So I can't get to a lot of my utensils or into the junk drawer without jimmying it. The housekeeper comes tomorrow. I hope she comes across it.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    The magnetic "key" to our childproof locks for our kitchen drawers. DH had it last. So I can't get to a lot of my utensils or into the junk drawer without jimmying it. The housekeeper comes tomorrow. I hope she comes across it.
    Ugh, that too!!! We had 2 keys and one of them has disappeared a couple months ago. No idea what happened to it. Driving me nuts.

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Go to Home Depot or BRU and buy another key!
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieJ View Post
    Go to Home Depot or BRU and buy another key!
    I know, right? But it's here somewhere, darn it!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DS2's T Rex Puppet he got from Santa.

If you were a 2 foot long, lean, mean, meat eating puppet where would you hide?
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

What's missing at my house?

A husband.

But it doesn't count as missing if no one actually misses it, right?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast