Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    tiapam is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default What's missing in your house?

Goldenpig's thread got me thinking of a question I am always meaning to post. What is MIA in your house right now? My list:

Borders gift card - every time I tried to use it online, I got interrupted, and then it just disappeared. It's been missing for 4-6 months so either thrown out or just buried.

My favorite fall/winter shoes - I am blaming the cleaning people for these. They always feel the need to move my shoes even if I think they are in a reasonable spot.

I know there is more.

DH will have some time off work after New Year's, so I am hoping we find some treasures while we are getting the house in shape. Which DH is supposedly on board for, but we'll see...
    -Pam

DD: 6 YO
    DS: 3 YO

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

My measuring tape. DH used it tonight to measure DD#1's head for a new ski helmet and its now missing. WTF?

ETA: I forget where I found this (ha ha ha), but I did find it about 2w after it was lost. Of course, it was ME who found it and not DH, who was the last to use it. Figures.
    Last edited by bubbaray; 01-26-2011 at 01:19 AM.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

My new 5 day old glasses. I am bummed. And hoping that we don't find then with a crunching sound...$192 is on the line here. I hope to find them safely soon. I do have my other new pair on my face, thank goodness. My not so old pair which I LOVED (1 year old) just got crunched by F and they could not replace or repair them, the model is discontinued.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

bigsis is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

A few Bakugans! Those suckers are small!

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

The cat that goes with our FP Loving Family house. Seriously, this cat is driving us CRAZY!

Don't give up hope on those gift cards! I've found more than one after I had LONG given up!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

The big one that is always bugging me in the back of my mind: All of my maternity clothes. I think I lent them out but I just don't remember who to. They could have been returned but I have looked everyone. On the upside, it's unlikely () that I will be needing them and even if I did, those extra un-pregnant 30 lbs will probably make them useless.

The rest of the lost things I probably don't even know about, which is a blessing because it drives me totally nuts when I can't find stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post
    My measuring tape. DH used it tonight to measure DD#1's head for a new ski helmet and its now missing. WTF?
    This is what is CONSTANTLY missing in our house. We have three and can never find any of them. An exhaustive search turned up one on Sunday night, I am sure I won't be able to find it again by tomorrow.
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

A big hat in the shape of a cheeseburger. I am giving up hope. We lost it 2 years ago and I always figured it would turn up when I did some deep cleans. Well, I've done those deep cleans and no luck.

Beth

The magnetic "key" to our childproof locks for our kitchen drawers. DH had it last. So I can't get to a lot of my utensils or into the junk drawer without jimmying it. The housekeeper comes tomorrow. I hope she comes across it.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

One block from our Uncle Goose set- has been missing for a couple years now. I'm thinking DS as a baby may have chucked it in the trash without me knowing.

About a zillion letters from our Melissa and Doug magnetic alphabet set.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast