Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieJ View Post
    The lens cap for our Canon DSLR. DH is NOT happy with me about that one.

A check I wrote to a woman for a candle I ordered. I had it in my car last week and now it is nowhere to be found. I just wrote her a new one. I think I might have thrown the original one in the trash.

those are just two for starters....
    haven't found either, but I did find a receipt that I was looking for! LOL!
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by salsah View Post
    the missing alarm clock is really annoying. every morning at 6:30 am dh and i jump out of bed to follow it's sound, but we can't find it! the sound seems to move. i decided it must have found its way into the walls and is hiding in the wall between our room and the girls room.
    Okay, salsah, I'm intrigued. How long has the alarm clock been missing? Is it yours that went missing or was it there when you moved in? How would a clock get in the wall??? Maybe it's a super-loud watch and you need to look in smaller places?

Good luck finding it! That would be so annoying.

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have three things!

1. A dishwasher (what were we thinking, renting a home without one???)
    2. Our favourite corkscrew (not that drinking less wine is a bad thing)
    3. My iPod Touch
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieJ View Post
    The lens cap for our Canon DSLR. DH is NOT happy with me about that one.
    FOUND IT!!!!! I *knew* I had put it on our console table. It was there, but had slid under the lamp base. I picked up the lamp today looking for something else, and there it was!
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kristenk View Post
    Okay, salsah, I'm intrigued. How long has the alarm clock been missing? Is it yours that went missing or was it there when you moved in? How would a clock get in the wall??? Maybe it's a super-loud watch and you need to look in smaller places?

Good luck finding it! That would be so annoying.
    didn't see this till now. we actually just found it last week! (maybe thanks to you wishing us luck!)

i didn't mean that it was actually in the wall, but it seemed to be since we couldn't find it anywhere and couldn't even follow the sound to find it.

it is a small (a little smaller than a deck of cards) battery operated clock. the girls kept it in their room and when school started, dd1 asked us to set the alarm to 7:30 (what time she needs to get up to get ready -- not that she needs an alarm since she is usually up before that). it doesn't have a snooze function, it just beeps for about 30 seconds and then shuts off. when we changed the clocks for day light savings, the next morning, we heard it go off at 6:30 am. when we went to get it to change the time on it, we couldn't find it. so the next morning, and every morning after, when we heard it at 6:30 am, we would get up, in a haze, and go into the girls' room to try to follow the sound. for some reason, when ever i thought i was getting closer to the sound, i realized that i was getting further. i tore apart the girls' room looking for the clock but couldn't find it anywhere. so here we (dh and i) are, every morning at 6:30, walking in circles, half asleep, trying to get closer to the sound. but since it only beeps for 30 seconds, we could never find it. we were getting closer though when we finally realized that it wasn't in the girls' room but that it seemed to be in our room. we looked around our room, but couldn't find it. we were opening up dresser drawers and looking thru the clothes, behind and under furniture, but with no luck. then dh noticed that the sound changes (gets louder or quieter) about once per week. then he finally noticed that the sound changed the day after i changed the sheets on our bed. turns out, the entire time, it was stuck under our mattress, at the headboard!
    i guess it took so long because we thought it was in the girls' room. so when we heard it, we jumped out bed and walked toward the girls' room. by the time we got back to our room, we didn't have time to find it before it would shut off. i also spent many days walking back and forth at the foot of our bed trying to decide which way to go. never occurred to us to just stay in bed!

Staraglimmer is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by salsah View Post
    didn't see this till now. we actually just found it last week! (maybe thanks to you wishing us luck!)

i didn't mean that it was actually in the wall, but it seemed to be since we couldn't find it anywhere and couldn't even follow the sound to find it.

it is a small (a little smaller than a deck of cards) battery operated clock. the girls kept it in their room and when school started, dd1 asked us to set the alarm to 7:30 (what time she needs to get up to get ready -- not that she needs an alarm since she is usually up before that). it doesn't have a snooze function, it just beeps for about 30 seconds and then shuts off. when we changed the clocks for day light savings, the next morning, we heard it go off at 6:30 am. when we went to get it to change the time on it, we couldn't find it. so the next morning, and every morning after, when we heard it at 6:30 am, we would get up, in a haze, and go into the girls' room to try to follow the sound. for some reason, when ever i thought i was getting closer to the sound, i realized that i was getting further. i tore apart the girls' room looking for the clock but couldn't find it anywhere. so here we (dh and i) are, every morning at 6:30, walking in circles, half asleep, trying to get closer to the sound. but since it only beeps for 30 seconds, we could never find it. we were getting closer though when we finally realized that it wasn't in the girls' room but that it seemed to be in our room. we looked around our room, but couldn't find it. we were opening up dresser drawers and looking thru the clothes, behind and under furniture, but with no luck. then dh noticed that the sound changes (gets louder or quieter) about once per week. then he finally noticed that the sound changed the day after i changed the sheets on our bed. turns out, the entire time, it was stuck under our mattress, at the headboard!
    i guess it took so long because we thought it was in the girls' room. so when we heard it, we jumped out bed and walked toward the girls' room. by the time we got back to our room, we didn't have time to find it before it would shut off. i also spent many days walking back and forth at the foot of our bed trying to decide which way to go. never occurred to us to just stay in bed!

I'm so glad that you found it! I was thinking about it the other day!
    Stephanie

Mommy to two little girls,
    April 2008
    June 2012

and a baby boy
    Oct 2018

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Lost: one bright pink Zhu Zhu pet. Answers to the name Pinkie. Was a Santa gift.

Pinkie needs to come home. Mama is sick of looking for Pinkie. So sick of looking for Pinkie that she is seriously considering buying a NEW Pinkie, which of course would mean that Pinkie G1 would magically appear and we would have Pinkie G1 and Pinkie G2 in the house. Because, ya know, you can never have too many Zhu Zhu pets...
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

1 - One of our cordless telephones (UGH) I think it went in the trash
    2 - My Marriage Certificate!! I have been married for over 11 years and I think I lost it before I came home from my honeymoon. Technically I lost it in our apartment before we bought our house but I still assume it will show up one day!!
    Colleen
    Mom to 2 DS (5/'04 and 1/'09)

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mrshalco View Post
    1 - One of our cordless telephones (UGH) I think it went in the trash
    we lost one too. did you try turning off all the other ringers in the house (and the answering machine if you have one) and call your home number from your cell? we tried that and walked all over the house listening for it. we couldn't hear it ringing anywhere so we eventually gave up and tossed the base. a few days later, another one of our phones fell in the trash and we realized that is probably where the first one went.

GL!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4