Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Anyone not loving their Studio tote?

I want a diaper bag. Oh my gosh, I was getting around with a separate wristlet (for my money, cards and phone) and a Fleurville Quick Change Wallet and a cooler with snacks and a sippy for DD. But I really want to have a diaper bag now. I don't need anything big, but I need something medium to small size. So I can put a few diapers, wipes, cream, a few other necessities, a small cooler bag (with yogurt, cheese, etc) and my junk (phone, wallet, keys, lipstick or such). Something I can use as a outing bag when DD (now 20 months) is out of diapers (I guess I'll still need to carry snack for her, a sippy and maybe couple small toys or crayons). Something that doesn't look like a diaper bag, zip at the top and a lot of pockets. I really like the Studio by Skip Hop (in Charcoal Dots). I like the Versa too (but I hate the all black and the prints are not cute IMO). Should I go with the Studio or is there something comparable that I'm missing? (Also thought of a Fleurville Lexie when on sale, I could use it as a beach bag/pool bag later on)....Please help a diaper bag convert! TIA!!
    My miracle girl 04.09.2009

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have a Studio Tote in Pewter Dot, and a black Versa. I happen to love both of them!!! But since getting the Versa, I have decided to sell my Studio Tote. I find that it's too large for my needs. I mean you can easily have 2 in diapers and use this bag. For me the Versa is just perfect. I have a 10 month old and it fits everything I need for the in there for her, and there's enough room left over for some snacks etc for my 4 year old. The tote - while I do LOVE it - was just a little too big for what I was really looking for.

But I am glad I got the Tote. I had been lusting after it since day one, just never broke down and got it. I got a Dash Deluxe instead - and it wasn't quite big enough. Got the Tote after several months of using the Dash. Then of course as soon as I get the Tote, I see the Versa, and was like....THIS is IT!! Why did it come out a few weeks after getting the TOTE!! Grrrrr. But I managed to find a deal on one and bought it too. I also have a Skip Hop Backpack, so I really just don't need my Tote anymore.

I think if you want to be able to keep the stuff you listed in a bag that is organized, and have enough room to be able to SEE everything and not have to dig around, or take stuff out to get to other stuff - then definitely try out the Tote. Like I said - I love mine, just really don't have a need for it anymore.

If you want something medium to small size, I would not get the Studio tote. I had one and then returned it a week later. It was too big/bulky for me. Also I did not like the pattern/color that I picked. I chose the champaign color, and when it arrived, it was really not what I was expecting.

There was a Oi Oi bag on Gilt a few months back that was adorable, and I kick myself for not picking it up. I am in the market for another bag, too, but can't seem to narrow down one that I like.

Not sure if you like this pattern or if this is too big for what you are looking for, but there's this:

http://jjcolecollections.com/swag-bag

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post
    If you want something medium to small size, I would not get the Studio tote. I had one and then returned it a week later. It was too big/bulky for me. Also I did not like the pattern/color that I picked. I chose the champaign color, and when it arrived, it was really not what I was expecting.

There was a Oi Oi bag on Gilt a few months back that was adorable, and I kick myself for not picking it up. I am in the market for another bag, too, but can't seem to narrow down one that I like.

Not sure if you like this pattern or if this is too big for what you are looking for, but there's this:

http://jjcolecollections.com/swag-bag
    My best friend has this one and LOVES it. It was her splurge for herself. And it holds everything she needs.

jacksmoma is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

your post sounds JUST like me right now- i have a big ju ju mighty be (tote) that is great for lots of stuff but now that i've just got one in diapers it looks silly and empty and floppy been eyeing the versa but not liking the all black and bright blue lining. and studio tote is too bowler bag for me. love some of the storksaks but out of my price atm!

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The BabyMel Amanda bag is adorable, slightly smaller than the Versa, and lots of colors and patterns. This one is my fav. The shape just didn't fit me right.
    http://www.diapers.com/product/produ...roductid=19011
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Update:
    Well, I ran to buybuybaby today (needed diaper cream anyway LOL) and had a long look at the bags (as much as I could while trying to distract DD with toys, ride on cars etc).. The Versa bag seems bigger than the Studio tote to me though. It's taller and thinner, and while I liked the design slightly better than the Tote, I didn't like the colors as much. I don't want all black bag. The tan one I'd consider had all those shiny gold accent (I'm a white gold person..) and it'd get dirty quickly.. I don't like flowery designs that much either. I saw the Babymel Amanda bags too and it's smaller than the tote, but is missing the stroller straps and the inside didn't seem that well organized to me (but I liked it nevertheless). I saw the Swag bag too but my DD sippy didn't fit into the pocket (it's nothing out of ordinary, just a Munchkin straw cup). Otherwise, I liked it.
    I'm picky... I know!
    I got the Studio Tote in Charcoal dot, it seemed to fit me best and because it's structured, it won't seem bulky to me.. It 'might' be a little bigger than what I'd IDEALLY have, but I really like it and won't have to dig for items which is a big plus to me. Besides, I think if I try to fill it in like a purse AND a diaper bag, it'll be just right (will be nice to have a comb and a cosmetic bag finally with me )...
    I love how organized the pockets are and everything, including mommy'ssentials has its place there!
    Thanks for insight everybody

will the studio tote fit on a double stroller?
    mommy to the loves of my life ds (Oct. 2008) and dd (Aug. 2011)

ST doesn't have one long strap that would be easiest to hook over the double handles, only shoulder straps. The hooks for the stroller handles won't stretch enough, I'm afraid. Do you have 2 or 3 handles, if 3 then I think you might just put it on one side?

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by soontobe View Post
    will the studio tote fit on a double stroller?
    Yes. I use these hooks with it.

http://www.amazon.com/Think-King-Str.../dp/B002MXP3SM
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast