I am a couple hours away from the holiday school break. So there goes the kids' routine. I can get them up at the same time each morning and go through our morning routine but I can't replace their school activities. Like many ASD kids they like routine. They know what days they do what activities. A couple days off no problem. Two weeks off and we have melt down issues. We are staying home this holiday as we have already celebrated with family.

DS1 will want to watch one video after another. He gets more and more aggitated with each video but he loves videos. DS2 will want to be attached to my left hip. DS3 will follow whatever DS1 is doing or will be fighting with DS2 over toys.

I've got two play dates scheduled and will try for a third. DS1 hates play dates and doesn't like when new or different people are in our house. The other two will just ignore the children who come to play.

I plan on trying to go to a store daily. I am not looking forward to this as this requires winter boots, mittens, hats, heavy coats and possible snowpants (depending on how cold). DS1 HATES going outside to play. DH will be working so I have no one to help me look after the boys if we would go outside. All three are runners and will take off on me. DS1 knows how to get to the highway 1 mile from our house. Once he gets to the highway he takes a left and is running 5 miles to town.

So what do you have planned for the holiday break?