Default Twin Pack n Play... Worth the $$??

Hello,

I'm expecting twin boys and had my heart set on the twin pack n play with 2 bassinets. I was wondering if anyone else has this and if it has been useful?

I heard that it's hard to set up and sort of flimsy in the middle. Should I just buy 2 separate pack n plays with a bassinet? I need somewhere to lay the babies during the day when I'm downstairs. I already bought an Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper that will be next to our bed for night time.

I appreciate any advise. Thanks!

Uno-Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Hi! Nothing helpful to offer about this product, but you might try posting the question in the aroudn the hosue forum - it seems to get more traffic than this one.

Often bumbling mother to baby girl "Sprog"
    Born November, 2009

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We just had a regular pack n play, and I'd lay the babies in the bottom of it as needed. I also had two swings downstairs, which they loved loved loved. And the gym/playmat - we started using that around 4 or 6 weeks as another place to park them, and that was definitely a favorite, too.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

if you're heart set on certain things, get them…. but i just wanted to give input as an urban mom. you don't need two of everything.

i got by with one of most things. one swing, one playmat, etc. i used moses baskets at the sides of our bed until they were ready to go to cribs (used one crib until 6 or 7m).

having twin infants was hard enough without having to trip over more equipment than what was really necessary.

i'm a minimalist, tho.

I'm with SK, you don't need two of everything. I wouldn't get the twin pnp just to have to park them. There are other options, like leave them upstairs and get a video monitor, or Moses baskets, or a swing and a bouncy sheet, or early on, a playmat (they won't roll off, and they can get some tummy time )
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    I'm with SK, you don't need two of everything. I wouldn't get the twin pnp just to have to park them. There are other options, like leave them upstairs and get a video monitor, or Moses baskets, or a swing and a bouncy sheet, or early on, a playmat (they won't roll off, and they can get some tummy time )
    yup! and if you have room and a double stroller with two bassinets, you can always use that in the house… they often like the rocking motion of the stroller

Default Twin Pack n Play... Worth the $$??

Great ideas ladies! Thanks. I just wanted to see if anyone had the twin pack n play since I think my mother in law is getting it for us.

If I don't end up getting it I can use the other items you mentioned.

Merry Christmas!

I don't have twins, but I will say that I LOVED this for my DS. It is fairly small, lightweight, and travels well. We used it EVERY.SINGLE.DAY until DS started rolling/crawling.

http://www.simplymommyonline.com/