Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    adler is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default Anyone know about the Evenflo carrier

Specifically, this one.

I could smack myself for being stupid--I did research and bought a lilliebaby, waited until someone could send it to me (I live overseas and no one ships to me), and I FORGOT THAT I HAD A C-SECTION and so the hip/waist strap hurts!!! I can't wear it.

So I very crankily started looking online and saw the above carrier on sale. It's so nice and cheap. Will it kill my back?

ABO Mama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

It's nice and cheap because it will kill your back. I also had a c-section, and DS lived in my moby for several months. The moby is very comfy, and really not that hard to figure out how to use (the first time was a little tricky), and you can also find lots of video tutes.

It is also really easy to make your own no-sew stretchy wrap. All you need is 5 yards (more if you are plus sized) of 80/20 cotton/poly knit interlock (or 100% cotton, like a heavy weight t-shirt). You don't want 4-way stretch or rib knit, since it will be too stretchy. Then cut the fabric down the middle length ways, and you will have 2 wraps, one to wash, and one to wear. The edges do not need to be hemmed, since the knit won't frey.

AshleyAnn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Own it? No but I did try it in stores and I was very unimpressed. The straps are as unpadded as humanly possible and offers no back support. I've never had a structured carrier I liked without a waist strap and I'm a fan of 'crotch hangers'. Can you use a sling? I adored my pouch sling when DD was a newb.

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I had a C-section and used the Moby for the first 2-3 months. It was heaven sent!
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

My baby is already 4 months--aren't wraps best for younger babies? It would have worked out before, but probably isn't ideal now...

oh well. thanks for the info!

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If you can get your hands on an Ergo, that would be ideal. I use the Ergo a lot and it doesn't bother my scar at all. I wear it on my hips, not so much on my waist. My ds is 25# and it doesn't cause me any pain.

If you still have pain in your scar, I would see your doctor. Four months is too long for that to be going on.
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

Ok, I'll look for one.
    Thanks for the medical advice, too It doesn't hurt all the time, just when I'm really tired or if I've done a lot of physical exercise, which I thought was pretty normal.

ABO Mama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Hmm, I don't think you should be feeling pain still either.

I was assuming you had a newborn, but you can still use wraps with older baby's. Stretchy wraps are best for newborns - about 6mo. Woven wraps are great through toddlerhood. There's lots of wrap info on thebabywearer.

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I've had two c/s. I had complications with the first, but after my 2nd I didn't have any real "pain" after about the 4w mark. Definitely no pain that would have prevented me wearing a carrier (I had an Ergo and a Beco, both of which have waist straps).

I would talk to your dr. That d/n sound right.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Thanks, everybody. I just assumed it was normal--none of my friends have had c's. I'll take care of that first and the carrier second...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast