View Poll Results: Do you wear Hollister clothes?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I do, and I'm in my 20's.

0 0%
  • Yes I do, and I'm in my 30's.

1 0.56%
  • Yes I do, and I'm in my 40's.

3 1.68%
  • No, I don't.

172 96.09%
  • Obligatory Other

3 1.68%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    I had my first trip to Hollister. Other than wanting to throw up from the stink, I was overwhelmed with motivation to lose more weight so that I can wear these clothes. And I wondered ... do adults wear Hollister? I've only really noticed these clothes on the teens and wannabe teens. I tried not to like them, but I'm dying to have a pair of sweats with the word "Hollister" plastered across my ass. So, I wanna know, any of you wear Hollister?

<wait for poll>
    Lol, I could have posted the same exact thing! My sil is in her 40's. She is NOT skinny, but somehow squeezes herself into hollister clothes (I think it looks too tight on her). We were at the mall after thanksgiving and she wanted to go in. It was my first time in there, b/c I've always loathed the place, b/c of the STENCH, so never had any inclination to step foot in the place. I do agree that some of their things were cute, BUT the weird lighting (reminded me of a club), smell and loud music, made me want to run for the exit. It's definitely geared toward the teen/20's crowd. The only ppl MY age that I saw in there were ppl shopping with their teenagers!
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Hollister and Abercrombie are not even an option. I went in Wet Seal to use an 8 year old $20 gift card (no....I'm not kidding) and walked out shaking my head.

Gasp! I have never heard of Hollister. My wardrobe sadly consists of Target stuff these days. Cause it's the only store I regularly go to so I just grab clothes here and there!

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

No, I don't think I've ever even stepped in there. It has this whole, hot, 20's exclusive vibe. I want to be in and out quick. I have browsed American Eagle a few times lately (haven't bought anything)--that's the same age range, but easier in and out. I feel their clothes are so overpriced for what you get.

ETA: I tried on a AF sweater at a consignment shop in my size. It was soooo tight. The sizing is definitely small. I feel their clothes are very casual, and I don't want to spend that much on "exclusive" casual clothes. I'd rather drop my money on finer clothes with good cuts/fabrics/styling, not a $100 sweatshirt (or whatever they charge).
    Last edited by DrSally; 12-27-2010 at 10:07 PM.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

I consider myself SOMEWHAT stylish and I do not like their stuff AT ALL>

Uh, no. And the whole word across your ass thing is played out, sorry. It's worse than tucking your jeans
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DrSally View Post
    I feel their clothes are so overpriced for what you get.
    So true. I was ready to buy one thing for my niece, but they were having a 40% off everything sale (on the 24th), and I ended up with a hoodie sweatshirt, sweats, thin hoodie long sleeved shirt, and plaid flannel for $92. She was an overwhelmingly happy girl. While I was admiring the clothes, however, I really did have a very hard time breathing in there or hearing myself think. It's unreal the sensory overload (except vision, which is impossible with the dim light).
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Uh, no. And the whole word across your ass thing is played out, sorry. It's worse than tucking your jeans
    It is NOT! Tucking your jeans is so passe as to be like big hair, man. I mean, really, it's the big hair of jeans! Word across your ass I'll never get tired of. Unless it's the word "Juicy." That I do NOT in any way get. However, I also don't get why you'd want your young girl to have people staring at her ass, either. It's a dichotomy of feelings I've got here, it seems.

Ohmigod, the poll. 40 no's.

But that's why it's played! Juicy Couture started that at LEAST 10 years ago. Now every label and their knockoff does it.

I didn't mean it would be as bad as tucking your jeans now, but as bad as doing it way into 1994.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast