Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

My lululemon gym bag has been perfect. Just the right pockets. And in my city it is 'stylish'. (yes, I am from vancouver.... )

I spent a lot of time lusting after expensive diaper bags, bought one and hated it! Too big for little me.

Add me to the list of folk who also hate the look of most diaper bags too. Can't stand loud prints or babyish colours....

I used my purse for a while with DS1. I had the diaper bag in the car with an extra change of clothes and I would throw a Ju-ju-be quick with diapers and wipes in my purse. It worked out great but now that I have 2 I'm back to using a diaper bag. I think it might be time for a bigger purse.
    DS1 - 12/25/08
    DS2- 9/17/10
    DD - 12/9/12

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by salsah View Post
    why not go out to the car?
    No water. And I never got used to changing my kid in the car. I'd be schlepping him out to the car to get the diaper bag. Then back to the store to clean up. (and if the blow out is in the BACK of Wal-mart -- that means transversing the entire store, leaving purchases behind to go to car, hoping no one takes your cart apart while you are gone. Etc)
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

I use a huge Vera Bradley bag. Works great!

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I found a canvas purse at Target that I used for DD's diaper bag when she was teeny-tiny and added a travel changing pad. Everything else went into zip-top baggies. I kept overloading it and it was next to impossible to use while babywearing, so I started to ditch it. It had pockets galore, with two pouch-type ones that were the perfect size for MY water bottles and an empty bottle for DD (when we were still supplementing) as well as snacks and toys.

When my brother & SIL announced they were expecting, I bought them diaper bags from DadGear - a messenger bag style for my brother and a tote style for my SIL - and, since they were running a free shipping deal, I bought a backpack style one for DH. It was our primary diaper bag for a LONG time.

I recently bought a giraffe print diaper bag for us to use on a plane (smaller footprint than the backpack) and believe that I would use it long after DD has outgrown it. It came with a bottle cooler (which is where I store my nursing cover), changing pad and diaper pouch (that I use for storing an extra outfit because the lining is PUL or vinyl or something) ... and it has a wipe-clean finish, which I appreciate while in a restaurant.

I no longer lug a diaper bag into the grocery store (I'll usually check DD's dipe before we go in & have mastered the art of changing an uncooperative child's diaper in the back of my PT Cruiser) ... however, I always take it to the mall.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

I have this in black. I used a regular diaper bag for the first 6 months or so, then used this for a diaper bag/work bag/purse. Loved it! Finally able to downsize now and just keep a few pull up and wipes in the car.

http://www.endless.com/dp/B001HSMD1I...SIN=B001HSMD1I
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I just did the opposite. I needed a bag to commute with on the subway train and did not want to use my handbags because they were too open/wide/flashy. I so love my Skip Hop Studio in pewter that I got a black one to use as my daily bag!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3