Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by dukie41181 View Post
    Heres the link to the eBay one I'm thinking of getting...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Anyone seen this IRL?
    We don't have that dress but the combo is very unusual - but the leggings really make it, IMO! So a used dress alone on eBay doesn't usually go for that much, because most HA buyers like the dress and leggings as a set. I've paid $15 for new dresses bought at the HA outlets and retail as well close to that. If you've never owned HA dresses or LJs, you should know that the stripes stay way softer than the spots or prints because of the way their dying process works.

Having said all that, if you love the dress, get it! I'm sure you'll love it - you can pair it with solid pink leggings!

dukie41181 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    We don't have that dress but the combo is very unusual - but the leggings really make it, IMO! So a used dress alone on eBay doesn't usually go for that much, because most HA buyers like the dress and leggings as a set. I've paid $15 for new dresses bought at the HA outlets and retail as well close to that. If you've never owned HA dresses or LJs, you should know that the stripes stay way softer than the spots or prints because of the way their dying process works.

Having said all that, if you love the dress, get it! I'm sure you'll love it - you can pair it with solid pink leggings!
    We have 1 playdress already and its stripes. I didn't know that about the dots and prints. Thanks!
    DD1: February 2009
    DD2: November 2010

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I am with City Mama on the playdresses need the coordinating or opposite stripe leggings. I passed on a size 110 dress for DD1 in the pattern that I loved this year (the geometric circle one) because they were out of the pink/brown leggins that went with it in the store. I know it would've gone fine with the brown, purple, or pink liveable (Costco) leggings she already had, but it just wouldn't have looked right; kwim?

I have paid $25 or 30 for a dress and no more than $15 for leggings during non EOS sale times like spring or fall preview, but at sale times they are usually right about $20, and $12. It's more than what I would usually spend on a simple dress because IMHO they have to have to the matching or coordinating leggings, but they wash and wear soo well that when I find the ones I want I usually get them. I have not bought any at the outlet yet. I might do that for the summer for DD1 though, but last years colors weren't my faves so unless it's really cheap like $15, and $10 then I may pass on it.

Now if you buy on Ebay the dress has to be NWTs for me to pay more than $15 for it or have the leggings included. If the leggings/capris are separate (most are not) I can't see paying more than $10 for them unless they are NWT. I think I have gotten most of my dress sets for under $20 though.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2