Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default skiers -- how do you wear your hair under a ski helmet?

This is both for me and my girls. DD#1 and I have bangs which always look completely warped and scary after skiing all day. DD#2 has Shirley Temple curls and her hair looks great after skiing (kinda flattens the pouf).

I look so hideous in ski photos. HELP!
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have long wavy hair (no bangs) and I just pull it back into a low ponytail, where the elastic is low and outside of the helmet.
    I honestly wouldn't know what to do with the bangs either. I would probably just bring a cap to put on when you remove your helmet.
    DD
    DS

I do the low pony as well, and then a beanie for for after skiing.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Not a skiier here, but I bike a lot. I've always worn a low pony tail inside my helmet or a single french braid. I prefer the braid because I think it holds my hair in better and it's pretty flat inside my helmet. But I'm not very good at doing french braids on my own hair so when I'm in a rush, in a pony it goes.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

I wear yesterday's hair and only take my helmet off when I have a hat to put on over my ugly yesterday's hair. :P
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

When I was skiing a lot (it's been years), I would wear my hair in a braid, but I also had bangs at the time. I'm sure the bangs looked less than Glamour ready, but heck, I just spend a day on the slopes. I didn't care! For ski pictures, leave the hat on.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?