Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by westgre View Post
    Mine came in an e-mail today. But I can't access it through the Rewards R Us website yet either. But I can print them directly from my e-mail.
    I've never gotten rewards via email, and I really wish that I did because it takes forever in the mail. I see now that the site says they're not available until 1/2, but I wonder why you got yours yesterday?

I'd really like mine today because I plan on hitting the clothes clearance event today!

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by EXPECTINGMAY View Post
    I thought that it would be in one lump sum. They divided the coupons over 2 periods of time! They really get you any way they can! I have 5 $5 coupons thru 1/14 & 4 $6 coupons from 1/15-1/29. That was for 10/31 - 12/12. Rewards earned from 12/13/10 through 12/24/10 will be emailed on or about 1/14/11.
    I really wanted 1 lump sum!
    It drives me nuts, too. I got a $5 reward mailed to me and I received it 12/23. It expires today. Nice. I get a whopping 8 days to use it. Not going to do it, so they'll benefit.
    Kris

What are people with a bunch buying? It looks like I'll have $50 available on 1/2 and I'm guessing they'll expire on the 14th. I can't think of what I need from there.
    Kris

jvs195 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    It drives me nuts, too. I got a $5 reward mailed to me and I received it 12/23. It expires today. Nice. I get a whopping 8 days to use it. Not going to do it, so they'll benefit.
    Same here. I bought toothpaste and a birthday card because nothing I wanted was on sale. I just couldn't let it go to waste. Then I got an email with another $3. Would have been nice to combine them but the evil TRU does all it can to avoid that.

Quote Originally Posted by jvs195 View Post
    Same here. I bought toothpaste and a birthday card because nothing I wanted was on sale. I just couldn't let it go to waste. Then I got an email with another $3. Would have been nice to combine them but the evil TRU does all it can to avoid that.
    No kidding! I've bought stuff like that before, but TRU is 30 minutes, so I wasn't driving for $5.
    Kris

oneplustwo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Rats. I got the email yesterday too and I have three $5 coupons that expire on the 14th, and one $6 and one $5 that are valid from the 16th to the 29th.

alien_host is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default I hate TRU

Back in November I had called them to request retro credit for 2 big online orders that I never received credit for (probably over $200). The person said they took care of it. A few weeks later I called back b/c I didn't see it. Got the run around. They gave me a case number and they just called me back this week to say, "sorry because the promotional period is over there is nothing we can do." I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said he was (doubt it) and got nowhere.

I told them I planned on doing my toy shopping elsewhere and that there program was a joke. It just frustrates me that I called 2-3 times and they didn't bother to fix it and are now blaming it on the fact that the period to request credit is over on why they can't do anything....um hello, I called during that period and they neglected to fix it. Of course they claim they don't have any record of my call back in early November.
    ______
    I got the $5 coupon on December 20 something too, I just spent it yesterday on something small and low and behold, my other coupons were in my e-mail after I got back. I think they split them up so you end up having to buy more stuff b/c $5 ain't gonna get you far and if you have to go and spend $10 and then $6 two weeks later it sort of stinks. Not to mention that it really wasn't advertised this way in the first place.
    ______

I don't even care about the other $5-10 I "should" have received but I feel like it is the principle of it all. I shouldn't have bothered to make those calls, I feel like I wasted all that time for nothing

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    I know, it pisses me off. They make money on people b/c they give you such a small window in which to spend your "rewards". Unfortunately, TRU pretty much monopolizes the toy market as far as B&M goes. They are so not flexible & always blame it on "corporate". I really hate feeling like they have me by the you know what!
    EXPECTINGMAY

Mom to my little princess Danica, born 5/08 & my little prince Ari, born 9/12

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2