Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by okinawama View Post
    My little guy sleeps 10.5-11 at night and 1.5-2hr ( 2hr only if he had a bad night that night though) nap during the day.

I have read every sleep book out there, and I've found the Ferber does have by far the lowest sleep range. From what I've read, most books recommend 12-14 hours. Having said that, someone has to be on the low end of the range,it's just hard on the mamma!
    Ferber does say that normal amounts of sleep can range up to an hour (but rarely more than that) on either end of the ranges he lists. So if he lists 11-12 hours total for a 2yo, then the range really could be 10-13 hours. Depending on the child. I think he also says that children who appear to sleep extremely long may not actually be asleep that whole time - they may simply be happy to lie there awake or play quietly while the parents get their sleep.

All of which just tells me 1) our girls do NOT lie quietly awake or play quietly if they are not sleeping and 2) we're always in the Ferber range. Blah. Really I should move this to the BP We've NEVER had them sleep more than 11 hours at night, even at the age at which they needed the most nighttime sleep. And the 11 hours/night only lasted several weeks, during which we got excited and got a Netflix membership. Now we're wasting $10/month on Netflix

DS will be 2 in Jan. and he sleeps about 10 hours a night and takes a 1.5 hour nap so about 11.5 hours total, so I guess we are right on the dot!
    DS1-1/09
    DS2-10/12

Jenn27 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

DD is one of those who truly never slept as a baby as well. Now, at 26 months, she sleeps from 8:30-6 and takes a 1 hour nap. She sleeps through the night once every 6 weeks for the past 3 months. She cannot survive without that nap bc is is FULL THROTTLE from the minute she wakes up to the minutes she goes to sleep.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2