Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Massive purge going on!!

I am through both kids rooms. 8 bags of toys gone. 10 bags of clothes gone. I am in my room now. Who is with me??
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    I am through both kids rooms. 8 bags of toys gone. 10 bags of clothes gone. I am in my room now. Who is with me??
    /hillary
    where are you sending your clothes??? i will come by and pick them up!!

we are amidst a purge ourselves. the basement has been a catch-all since we bought our house in 2003...YIKES!! we are planning to finish it in the next month or so. needless to say a lot of stuff is going. most of it is junk. not sure why we had it/kept it int he first place. feels good to clean stuff out.
    Last edited by neeleymartin; 12-31-2010 at 03:07 PM.
    neeley

alirebco is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

wow! go you! i am so jealous. i did a bunch of purging last weekend in preparation for ds's birthday, but i need to do more.
    A, mom to Ethan age 5.5 and L age 2

Ok I finished both boys rooms and the hall linen closet and hall way bookcase and my entire bedroom including DHs closet. 6 bags of TRASH also went out!

Up tomorrow is the bedroom "office" which is actually more the dumping room and has been full of boxes and junk since we moved here 3 years ago. And a trip to the container store!

Sunday I am hoping to get to the kitchen, playroom, toy closet and entryway (ambitious).
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Quote Originally Posted by neeleymartin View Post
    where are you sending your clothes??? i will come by and pick them up!!
    Ha! I am sending them to various folks. You are WELCOME to them, mainly clothes that don't fit the boys and that I've given up on for me!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Yay you.

I have to do DS's toys this weekend as no space for the presents he received.

I also have some paperwork that needs to be sorted - most will be shredded or into recycling bin. I have old class notes that need to go before I start classes again.

I did my closet and DS's before the holidays and it is so much easier to get dressed in the morning. DH does his own closet or not, but as we do not share it is not my problem.

The garage is horrendous - maybe next weekend.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

How big are these bags? Like Target bags or paper grocery bags or trash bags? Holy cow, that's a lot of stuff!!!

I'm doing the same thing for our big consignment sale coming up. I may need to post some of our Hannas on swap though, just so I know they are going to a good home where they will be appreciated. It feels weird to send them to a megasale where we never know who ends up with them.

If I were home, I'd be doing the same thing. But...I'm at the ILs' beach house where ALL the closets are empty, except for an occasional vacuum, pillow and a blanket. What a weird feeling to know all the closets are empty.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    How big are these bags? Like Target bags or paper grocery bags or trash bags? Holy cow, that's a lot of stuff!!!
    The bags of stuff given away (toys and clothes) are whole foods paper bags (wish they were trash bags!). Also about 6 kitchen size garbage bags went to the trash with clothes beyond usable and broken toys, papers, etc.

I have a sore back. I purged from 9 am til 5 pm with one 20 mins break. WHINE.

BUT the rooms look great!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    The garage is horrendous - maybe next weekend.
    Ut Oh. Didn't you get the garage done pretty recently? Will it be easy to get back to where it was?
    Kris

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Great job!!

DS1 and I went through toys in his room today and boxed up quite a few things to either sell or put away for DS2. I need to do the same for the other kids and then attack the playroom. Yikes.

Sorry your back is sore!
    Kris

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast