Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Good job! I need to decide what toys of ds1 to keep for ds2, books etc all need to be purged. I am hoping a neighbor finds out she's due with a boy so that i can pass along clothes of ds2... Same season!

I wantto start 2011 on a clean slate.

gobadgers is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Sounds awesome! I aspire to that.

Our problem area is the den, where random boxes and bags have been thrown for many moons. I got a good start on it tonight and feel a little better about it. But I can tell DH is making some popcorn so I'm going to have some now!
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    Ut Oh. Didn't you get the garage done pretty recently? Will it be easy to get back to where it was?
    It shouldn't be too bad,mostly it's the work table...but there are a few boxes that never get sorted. I get everything put away and those same boxes sit there. I also need to sort through the cabinets and toss what is no longer needed and make space for the stuff on the worktable!

I need to purge as soon as the kids go back to school next week. I've got toys, books, and clothes to go through.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I've purged all my maternity stuff and have 3 paper shopping bags bags of 0-6 month stuff to give away (one each to friends expecting babies) and a Rubbermaid bin of nicer stuff to sell or save. (ok, so not entirely purging yet!) I have 3 garbage bags of girls and baby clothing for a local shelter. Toys - sigh. Need to work on that next, as well as my (pretty modest, but rarely used) closet!

hillview is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    I've purged all my maternity stuff and have 3 paper shopping bags bags of 0-6 month stuff to give away (one each to friends expecting babies) and a Rubbermaid bin of nicer stuff to sell or save. (ok, so not entirely purging yet!) I have 3 garbage bags of girls and baby clothing for a local shelter. Toys - sigh. Need to work on that next, as well as my (pretty modest, but rarely used) closet!
    Go you!! That rocks. Doesn't it feel great!?
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I'll be right there with you starting next week. Although I'm hoping it won't be too bad, because I really purged a LOT last year.
    My main concern right now is my closet, where I am just unsure how to proceed. I barely fit into anything in it, but I am NOT going to buy bigger clothes, ykwim? So I feel a bit stuck there. Plus, even if I could wear most of this stuff, it really needs to go a lot of it. I am hoping getting off Prozac will start to let me lose some of this weight soon.

wimama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I am working on toys this weekend. Purging and reorganizing everything in the playroom and DS's bedroom. Yesterday I took a bunch of pictures so I could make photo labels for his toy bins.

This year I am totally focusing on decluttering and simplifying our home and lives!
    Last edited by wimama; 01-01-2011 at 02:55 PM.
    Amy -
    J - Spring 2006
    E - September 2011

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Purging and packing all day here. Moving in 4 weeks and taking advantage of the urge to purge while packing Oh, and found some more Christmas dresses, etc. to give to a friend who is expecting a girl soon. Need to post some hanna fleece baby jackets on CL along with a few other things worth selling.

threw away at least one huge trash bag of stuff, have two huge trash bags to donate so far. And still working...

Getting DS2 down for a nap and hoping DH continues purging/packing in the meantime.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

hannah is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

DH and I spent most of the day purging papers (old documents that we had filed and old letters) and toys. We have 2 garbage bags of shredded papers and the recycle bins are overflowing. I also have 2 huge boxes of toys and outgrown shoes to take to Goodwill sometime this week.

I hope that I can get a lot of house cleaning/purging done in 2011. We have a fairly big house but there are lots of problem areas where clutter collects and there isn't much place to stow anything since closets and cabinets are full!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast