Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Good for you! You inspired me and I've dealt with a few things today I have put off for FAR too long!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

I got rid of a laundry basket full of my books plus a large reusable shopping bag of books of the kids. I think there might be some more of them upstairs so I haven't sent them off yet. We seem to be past the "green leaf, blue butterfly" type of books thankfully! DD got some big girl books (fancy Nancy and pinkalicious) for Christmas and loves them so I think it's time to move on! I'm sitting at work trying to work though how to declutter our whole upstairs so we can have it finished by Thanksgiving. I really, really, really want to get this done! We've lived here for 5 years and still have 1/2 of the unfinished second floor of a cape cod unfinished. DH dumped all his stuff there and there it sits..
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Today I did DS1's room. I took the too small clothes out of his closet and rearranged the furniture. It looks great. We still have to go through his toys so there is room for his b-day and Christmas gifts, but this was a great start.

DH and I have also been working on our bedroom. We got rid of some clothes and I gave it a good cleaning. It was so dusty in there!
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DH and I got busy today doing some purging.... cleared out one closet rod of unworn stuff and old jackets etc. Managed to get all my wrapping paper etc reorganized and the bin put into this particular closet rather than hiding behind the bedroom door. The Christmas tree and all the trimming came down today and it is all back into bins and in the hall closet. Felling pretty good about it.

I really need to get into my boys room and purge toys and clothing. Their drawers are overflowing and most of it is outgrown stuff. Gotta pass on my little guys stuff and put away some of DS1's stuff to hand down to DS2.

I'm just glad we handled what we did today... only took a couple of hours. It is so much easier to do when you have another person to talk to while you work!

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Ok yesterday I did all my jewelry, put up shelves for kids new tooth brushes (electric), organized a book shelf, sorted 5 boxes in the dumping room office, did the bulk of the toy closed (one more shelf to go). Still about 5 more boxes in the dumping room and have to then get the filing complete. I "found" both boys SS cards, found DH's birth certificate which I ordered to get the kids their British passports (DOH!) which still has not been done. BUT I am making progress! From 5 boxes, ended up with half a box of stuff to keep.
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

You've gotten so much done.
    I did some paperwork today - I'm sick and DH took DS out of the house, but I didn't have the energy to do more than sort, shred and file a few things. But it's been on my to do list for a while, so I feel good about getting on more thing crossed off the list.

I really need to get DS's toys done though.

I almost finished the office/dumping room. All boxes gone except the box of CDs and the top of the desk needs to be ordered. I still have some filing to do.
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    I almost finished the office/dumping room. All boxes gone except the box of CDs and the top of the desk needs to be ordered. I still have some filing to do.
    /hillary
    you have gotten so much done. Definitely motivation for me to get going..

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    you have gotten so much done. Definitely motivation for me to get going..
    Have you even slept in the past few days?! This is awesome!

I need to get started. Step one: disassemble Christmas starting tomorrow. Eh, maybe starting tonight!! (We did manage to throw out the gingerbread houses. And that took a lot of convincing for the 7/5 year olds.)

I think I am going to assign myself a room/area for a couple of days to stay focused.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Huge credit to DH who took the boys most of yesterday and today. Also my parents helped me.

The tree went down today so all that is put away (my parents did this while I did the office, we live in a 2 family so it was a shared tree so I feel bad but not too bad!).

Left on the list:
    Finish up office/dumping room
    Hang some found pictures from my trip to Africa (so cool to find them)!
    Then upstairs is officially done
    Downstairs, have to do playroom (YUCK), small storage closet, entryway coat closet, and the mantle and bookcases, and a few cabinets in the kitchen (most of kitchen is in good shape). The playroom will be the worst, the rest of it is small spaces which takes a lot less time.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast