HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default advice on a developmental ped visit

DS has his first visit to the KKI clinic in a month (we had an appt last June but we had to cancel and reschedule, then they forgot to put me on the schedule, so here we are...). Anyway, I was going to bring DS's initial OT eval from 18 months ago and his follow up eval (done for ins coverage), his eye exam to screen for VT, his most recent WPPSI iii testing (which is about a year old now). Should I start off by offering this information, work it in or present it after the doc has seen/done testing with DS?
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

I would have copies on hand right at the start of the visit. I would also call ahead and let them know that you are bringing in copies of reports etc.. If possible find out if you can leave a message for the doctor's nurse who wold of course know more about the doctors preferences than a front desk person. I know that when we meet with the developmental pedi we have to send in these reports ahead of time along with a huge packet of questionaires (parental, school, theraputic). I HATE filling out all of the different forms. Takes FOREVER. To me it is best to have all reports together. Also I get to leave messages with our doctor's nurse so that there is no confusion on what is going on.

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

They are sending me a confirmation of the appt. I believe it's actually a clinic we are going to for school aged children. From what I understand you talk to the doc and fill out the paperwork there. No one I know who has gone there has been able to fill it out ahead of time (which I would prefer to do). As soon as I get the confirmation letter I will call to see how they want to handle copies of reports.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007