Default Clothes for kids with sensory issues?

Can anyone recommend a range of clothing that would work out well for a 7 year old with sensory issues?

Gena is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

What kind of sensory issues? Needs soft clothes? loose clothes? tight/form fitting clothes? tagless? pull-on? etc??

For a boy or a girl?

My son is 6.5 and has sensory issues as part of his autism. He likes soft clothes that are easy to put on. IN the winter he wears a lot of fleece tops with a soft (worn out) tee shirt underneath.

He does well with the athletic clothes from Jumping Bean (a Kohl's brand). They are very soft and have no snaps, buttons, zippers. They are also very reasonably priced and go on sale often.

He also likes some of the clothes from Land's End. Our favorite pants are the fleeece-lined climbers. They look nice, like jeans or twill pants, but are soft and cozy inside. And they pull on - so no snaps or zippers.

I have also found a lot of his clothes at resale shops and Mom-to-Mom sales. Second hand clothing comes already soft and worn in.

ETA: I just saw from looking at your previous posts that you have a girl. Still, I hope some of that helps.
    Last edited by Gena; 01-05-2011 at 09:44 AM.
    Gena

DS, age 11 and always amazing

“Autistics are the ultimate square pegs, and the problem with pounding a square peg into a round hole is not that the hammering is hard work. It's that you're destroying the peg." - Paul Collins, Not Even Wrong

toby is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Gena View Post
    What kind of sensory issues? Needs soft clothes? loose clothes? tight/form fitting clothes? tagless? pull-on? etc??
    OP- Can you give us some more info?

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Many OT/PT supply companies sell weighted clothing, if that's what you need.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My DD has sensory issues related to her autism. We have found that she does not like jeans at all. Absolutely refuses to wear them now. For her school clothing, I get mostly Lands' End knits. She loves the yoga flares and leggings as they are soft, stretchy and easy to get on. I love that I can get several coordinating pieces and put together many outfits. For play/summer clothes, Target Circo knits have held up really well for her.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?