Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Deal Queen View Post
    Did anyone get the small bagged lego sets to ring up? I tried one of them and it was not on clearance. I saw those at all the checkstands!
    I was disappointed, I am doing a lego party for DS1 next month and was hoping to score more of these sets, b/c our guest list has gone up past the 8 that come in the party kit. NONE of the baggie lego sets rang up on clearance, they were all regular price. I am wondering how some stores let ppl ring it up at clearance, maybe it was a mistake at some stores?

Cindys, thanks for that list. Unfortunately, either my store is really with the program or there are some major targeting clearance shoppers. My store had NOTHING. I got excited, b/c I found a snapware set for cookies (like tins, but plastic), it was obviously christmasy. I scanned it and it came up $9.99.

Oh and for anyone wondering, a big portion of the luggage section was on clearance if you need luggage.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Quote Originally Posted by Deal Queen View Post
    Did anyone get the small bagged lego sets to ring up? I tried one of them and it was not on clearance. I saw those at all the checkstands!
    When the Christmas stuff was 50% off, I found Star Wars and Toy Story sets that rang up at 50% off ($1.99) in the Christmas section. I saw the same Toy Story set near the registers when the Christmas stuff went to 75% off, but that one rang up full price. Maybe they had different UPC numbers even though they were the same set?

Thanks for the list cindys. I'm off to Target tomorrow morning but I'm doubtful that I'll find much. My Target usually gets pretty cleaned out.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

srhs is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    When the Christmas stuff was 50% off, I found Star Wars and Toy Story sets that rang up at 50% off ($1.99) in the Christmas section. I saw the same Toy Story set near the registers when the Christmas stuff went to 75% off, but that one rang up full price. Maybe they had different UPC numbers even though they were the same set?
    Same store? Hmmm...that is a mystery!

Quote Originally Posted by srhs View Post
    Same store? Hmmm...that is a mystery!
    Yup, it was the same store. Although I just looked at my receipt earlier tonight and the Toy Story set also rang up as Star Wars. So I'm guessing the UPC must be different.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

How much were the kleenex hand towel thingies? There is a $1 off coupon in Sunday paper's insert.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    Yup, it was the same store. Although I just looked at my receipt earlier tonight and the Toy Story set also rang up as Star Wars. So I'm guessing the UPC must be different.
    That's so confusing. I bet that there is some trick to looking at the pkg (like the scotch tape) to figure it out, but I think it would be a massive PITA to have to scour through the hanging displays, esp up by the cash registers for that kind of stuff. I always feel guilty if I have to paw through things to look for specific items.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Quote Originally Posted by Seitvonzu View Post
    well, my store was pretty "clean" too.

but as i was wandering...totally bummed about my lack of "score" i ran into the smith & hawken aisle-- TONS of bulbs in vases for -- 99cents!

this usually wouldn't excite me too much, but i am throwing a little fairy party for my newly 3 year old girl next week and decided the PINK amaryllis would make great party favors --if not for the little girls, for the mamas! (i already have a glut of tinkerbell teasets to give to the girls, plus fairy wings and wands and i'll probably make little wreaths for them to wear too) the bulbs are big in pretty silver pots-- and pink, so i think it will work nicely. i also got red in white pots for valentines around our house and some other bulbs that were only 75% off but looked really neat (narcissis i think)

this of course sent me rummaging around the whole store for things for this fairy party i did some serious damage in the dollar spot too ,because i saw some cool color your own placemat things that looked like they could do double duty as a party activity!!! (then i saw the woodland section plates and flatware, oy!)-- none of the dollar spot is on sale anymore...we hit that last week my child said today "mommy is going to make a beautiful party!" stuff like that gets me everytime-- i'm such a sap

That is a great favor!! I'm so happy for you and also jealous. I have 2 boys, but I love the fairy theme for a bday party so much I've considered opening a party throwing business just so that I could create beautiful fairy parties for girls.

thanks zoe-- i've thought about a party business myself...i just love putting them together-- especially extra girly ones (someone upstairs knew what they were doing giving me a girl, at least until she is a tween

what saves me is that i can only do so much party planning a year-- if it was my JOB i'm sure it wouldn't be nearly as fun as having it as a hobby i also have a tendency to be "overboard" and i'm not sure that would work as a business! so far i'm really good with budget for this party, but i still have a week!

Default Keeping looking...the deals are out there

I went to Target yesterday after the post about PJs. I got five different sets (mostly kids but one ladies nightshirt), each under $2. One pair of Elmo PJs rang up for $0.91. Some rang up for 90% off, others did not. Cashier manually put in the discount. I also got 3 Christmas CDs; Lady Antebellum $0.69, Sugarland $1 and Glee $1.30. The CDs were in a shopping cart near a staff door. I can't remeber a score like that. I was sweating when I left. ;-D

Katherine
    Last edited by katrich; 01-06-2011 at 10:46 AM.

ohiomom1121 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

For those of you who found the Nick and Nora pjs-were the signs marked 90% off? My store is still at 30% on most everything and the jammies I scanned were $12ish. I would love to find them marked down. Wonder if another Target near me would be different?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast