Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I find the LLbean backpacks to be of a smoother, lighter (more washable?) material, and the LE ones to have more features like bottle holders, key clips, etc. We ended up with a LE one because DD takes an annual school camping trip and NEEDS that bottle holder.

LLbean is perhaps a bit more durable, but the LE ones have better quality straps for weight distribution. So for a little kid needing to carry a really light load, I might favor LLbean for the washableness, but for an older kid (say, 1st or 2nd grade and up) I'd probably go for the LE.

Thanks for the response. The backpack is actually for ME! I'm still sore that I missed out on the LLB one in the OP because that's exactly what I need

Quote Originally Posted by robinsmommy View Post
    I find the LLbean backpacks to be of a smoother, lighter (more washable?) material, and the LE ones to have more features like bottle holders, key clips, etc. We ended up with a LE one because DD takes an annual school camping trip and NEEDS that bottle holder.

LLbean is perhaps a bit more durable, but the LE ones have better quality straps for weight distribution. So for a little kid needing to carry a really light load, I might favor LLbean for the washableness, but for an older kid (say, 1st or 2nd grade and up) I'd probably go for the LE.
    Very helpful review, thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2