Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I guess I got really lucky, because we had really good luck with our BRU registry. It was so much more user friendly than our Target registry. Whenever I try to update my target registry online, I get an error message and then it says that I don't exist. I went back to the store to ask if I was in their system, and I was, so they said it must just be a website malfunction. My family and friends had a difficult time finding my target registry because most of the time it said that it didn't exist until they tried to put my name into the computer 2-3 times, when it would magically appear. So, we got a lot of gifts off our BRU registry because people told us it was a lot easier to use. Maybe it depends on the specific store you go to?

Pear is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We had the very same capslock problem with our BRU registry. I ended up talking to someone on the phone about it and they implied that passwords should always be all caps. I think if that is how they enter them they should either tell the customer or make sure the system isn't case sensitive.

I had a very similar experience. I went to the store, started adding items, and when I was done I changed my mind on a few things. The registry person said I could go home and change it there. Sounds so simple! yeah right.

After the whole password fiasco, and one frustrated call to customer service, I was finally able to get into my registry. Only to find half of the items with descriptions and the other half blank. And the descriptions they do give are a joke. I did the best I could deleting and adding the correct items, but some wouldn't delete and the other ones were blank so I had no idea what to do with them. How were my friends and family supposed to figure out what to buy?!? I had to call customer service AGAIN, which is annoying to have to go through 5 menus to get a person, only to have them tell me they would have to delete it for me, and add the correct item. Well, surprise surprise, they didn't make the changes correctly. At this point I was so fed up with the password (hello, so many people complain about this, they should tell EVERYONE the password is all caps), and the incompetent customer service, I marched into BRU and cancelled the registry. I found most of what we needed at Buy Buy Baby and registered there, which was an absolute dream. They even added items they normally don't carry, as long as it was a brand they carried. And if there was anything else we needed from BRU, I waited until everyone gave us gifts we didn't want from BRU, returned them and used the credit for those purhases. I only shop at BRU if absolutely necessary. It is the biggest podunk joke of a store, and I boycott it as much as Wal-mart.
    DD 6/10

Default wow...

Wow, it sounds like you gals have had a real hard time w/ BRU. I have only registered with Target so far, but was planning on registering with BRU for some things like cribs, since the BBB lists some of the better rated brands being sold there. I really do not want a Chinese made crib, especially after some of the recalls I've read. Its hard to find ANYTHING not made in China! It sounds like if I do register with BRU, it might be better to do it online rather than in the store....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2