Default Stroller for Twins & Two Year Old - Please help!

I'm expecting twins in May and will have a 2 year old son and an almost 5 year old son when they arrive. I'm wondering if anyone has any good stroller suggestions for me. I intend to purchase the Chicco infant seats (I had a Peg for my older sons and hated it because it was so upright), but I am looking for a stroller that will accomodate them and my 2 year old son. Will the Joovy Big Caboose accomodate both infant seats and have my 2 year old in the jump seat? I'm being realistic that with 4 kids, I'm going to be using this stroller for walks around the neighborhood to get out of the house for fresh air and my 2 year old will need a lift as well as the twins. If not, can I use a Buggy Board with the Chicco double stroller? I'm guessing that if we go to the zoo or some other outing, I won't be going as the only adult so my 2 year old could ride in one of our single strollers. I'm also thinking that I'll need a good twin stroller for when they are older and the infant seats won't be used other than for riding in the car and my 2 year old will be closer to 3 and less and less interested in riding in the stroller - something that is more compact and easy to maneuver. Thanks!!!
    Mom to DS1 10.06, DS2 05.09, DD 05.11 and DS 05.11

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

What about the Valco Twin Trimode with toddler seat and Valco Hitch Hiker? You would have room for all the kids.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

If you really want all 3 kids to ride - I second Valco trimode... maybe. I had the single with the toddler seat for a while and in some ways I loved it but it was kind of annoying to get in and out of the car. It's easier to just have something that collapses easily. I got a Graco quattro duo that was a lot easier to go places with - though the girls got too big for it sooner than I expected they would.

It really depends on what you plan to do with the stroller, though. For the most part my girls (2y9m) have not ridden in a stroller other than for me to go for walks (I have a double BOB) in ages. The amusement park is the only other time I can think of. Sometimes I take it to the zoo, sometimes not - more often than not I end up pushing it empty and wondering why I bothered.

I avoiding using a double as long as I could because they are a pain. I used a single and wore one baby a lot of the time.

What you could do is just get a double you like and if your bigger kid wants to ride, wear a baby - keep a carrier stashed under neath. I'm kind of looking at the reverse of you now, I will have a baby and twin toddlers - I plan to wear the baby and stick with my BOB. It's the only double I have now. The Valco is a nice stroller though and you can justify getting it with the toddler seat - it will be a nice double once you no longer need the seat. Valco seats recline more than BOB seats so you don't need a car seat adapter - that is nice. OTOH I think the seats are narrower so a kid might not be happy in it as long. (basing this on descriptions on line - I couldn't find anywhere local that sold the double Valco and I know it was smaller than the single)

You couldn't pay me enough to use a big caboose. I tried that out when I was pregnant with my girls - I didn't know if I'd need it with my son but thought we might want the option of him riding - it made steering those awful car carts at the grocery store seem easy.

I have a 15 month old and new born twins and a 7 yr old. We use the valco trim ode with josey seat. It's big and bulky but not sure if there is a triple stroller that's not. It does get thru standard doorways...