Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Diaper Bag for 3 under 2?

What diaper bag would you use for three children under the age of 2 ( toddler and newborn twins)? I used and liked a skip hop duo for my toddler, but it's just not big enough for all three. I am not a fan of the JJB bags or Petunia Pickle Bottom bags. Any recommendations?

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

What about the Skip Hop Duo Double?
    http://www.skiphop.com/product/23000.html

Or the LeSportsac bag
    http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?SKU=17121340&

And I haven't seen it in person, but from the measurements, this looks large:
    http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.as...25645&RN=7186&

Or this:
    http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.as...06281&RN=7186&
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Maybe skip hop duo double, or maybe pack two separate bags - one for the twins and one for the 2yo. Sounds odd right now, but I suspect that you won't go out alone too often with 3 under 2yo.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

i like the idea of more than one bag because i can't imagine lugging around a bag that is big enough to hold stuff for three kids. i imagine that more often than not, you will have a stroller so you don't actually have to carry the bag/bags.
    maybe you can find a way to divide up the stuff, that works for you, so that you have a primary bag and secondary bag. for me, i would put my personal items (wallet, cell, keys, sunglasses, lip balm, etc.) and the items that i need frequently/quickly (wipes, hand sanitizers, tissues, sippy, snack, etc.) in the primary. i would always have this bag with me. if i have the stroller, i would hang this on the stroller handle bars. then i would have a second one for things that i don't need as frequent access too (diapers, change of clothes, extra water/snacks, etc.) that i can leave in the basket of the stroller. depending on the outing, you may even be able to leave it in the car (maybe just throw a couple of diapers into the primary bag).

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I can't stand big bags. We don't use our SH Duo Double as anything more than a car bag. Our van is actually our diaper bag. Skip Hop Pronto in the bottom of the stroller, plus all the holes in the BJCED for drinks/snacks. If we need a change of clothes, we just go back to the van.

Staying at home with 3 and having people come to you is much, much easier.

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

What about the Babymel X2? It's 2 bags that snap together. So you can use them together or separately. That way you can grab one or both depending on how many kids you have for that outing.

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    What about the Babymel X2? It's 2 bags that snap together. So you can use them together or separately. That way you can grab one or both depending on how many kids you have for that outing.
    great idea!

We're definitely going to get out less than we're used to, but I am the type of person who cannot be home everyday - I will go stir crazy if I am!

I've seen the SH Duo Double and have no doubt this bag would hold all I need, but I'm weary of how BIG it is and wonder about the practicality of carrying it around. Although as salsah pointed out, the bag will probably be hanging from the stroller (a double). And I do love my single SH Duo . . .

I'm not a big fan of putting things all over the stroller unless we're out at an event all day which is why I'd prefer a bag big enough to hold everything. I also like to have a bag packed at all times so leaving the house can happen quickly. Otherwise I find I'm running all over at the last minute and/or we're late for wherever we're going.

I'm generally a light packer (a few diapers, wipes, diaper cream, one change of clothes, a snack, sippy cup, and my wallet and phone). It's just when I multiply these things times three (plus baby items like blankets, burp cloths, and teethers), it doesn't seem to be too light anymore!

I never heard of the Babymel X2 - I'll have to look into it, it sounds like a great idea!

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by vtmom View Post
    We're definitely going to get out less than we're used to, but I am the type of person who cannot be home everyday - I will go stir crazy if I am!

I've seen the SH Duo Double and have no doubt this bag would hold all I need, but I'm weary of how BIG it is and wonder about the practicality of carrying it around. Although as salsah pointed out, the bag will probably be hanging from the stroller (a double). And I do love my single SH Duo . . .

I'm not a big fan of putting things all over the stroller unless we're out at an event all day which is why I'd prefer a bag big enough to hold everything. I also like to have a bag packed at all times so leaving the house can happen quickly. Otherwise I find I'm running all over at the last minute and/or we're late for wherever we're going.

I'm generally a light packer (a few diapers, wipes, diaper cream, one change of clothes, a snack, sippy cup, and my wallet and phone). It's just when I multiply these things times three (plus baby items like blankets, burp cloths, and teethers), it doesn't seem to be too light anymore!

I never heard of the Babymel X2 - I'll have to look into it, it sounds like a great idea!
    Then I'd suggest waiting until after the twins are here, and making do with your Skip Hop until you figure out what you really need. You can always use a tote bag to hold extra stuff, and order something online when you have a better sense of what it takes to get out of the house with three under 2yo. For example, you don't know what you'll need to pack bottle-wise. Even if you breastfeed, you'll probably be carrying bottles because the logistics of breastfeeding two infants while keeping track of a toddler are challenging, to say the least.

The SH double duo is massive. It was far too big a bag for me. I actually used a SH Duo for the girls for the first 5-6 months, but had to carry a bottle bag separate from the Duo. I also didn't have to carry anything for my older two boys.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

What about the Baby Bag from Vera Bradley? I saw on the Bargains board that this is on sale. Has anyone here used it? It wouldn't have the stroller clips that I love on the Skip Hop bags, but maybe I could use mommy hooks?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast