Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    debbo is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Does anyone know if Borders sells GC to other stores/places?

Quote Originally Posted by babystuffbuff View Post
    Yes, I have fond memories of going to the 'original' Borders as a child. I even have a few bookmarks with the address on them somewhere. Good times.
    I loved the escalator in that store when I was a kid!
    C
    DS1 (04)
    DS2 (07)

So who's paying to upgrade to their rewards to rewards plus when there's a chance they might go under? If they really are that close to bankruptcy then I'm guessing they'd want to keep it under wraps as much as possible. It's just going to hurt their bottom line even more.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine2 View Post
    Before Borders became a big chain, it was a wonderful independent bookstore in Ann Arbor, MI. I hope if the chain goes, that it can turn back into what it was before...

Bootsie is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I've read that Borders is trying to reach restructuring agreements with its suppliers. There's always some possibility that this will work. If Borders does file for bankruptcy, however, it doesn't necessarily mean they will go out of business. They might file a chapter 11 bankruptcy, which would result in restructuring Borders. Many current retailers have been through chapter 11 bankruptcies. Either way, if you have a gc, it probably IS a good idea to spend it - gcs are problematic in bankruptcies

c914 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I can buy gift cards through DS' school (fundraiser) and there was a notice posted on the wholesaler's website effective 1/11/11 they are no longer selling Borders (or Waldenbooks) cards.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4