Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

when i went to a borders in CT this weekend- they had lots of coffee 50% -- you could really stock up!

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Well, I guess I should go tomorrow, along with my IKEA run (it's close). I have a GC to use up. Are there any current coupons?

They've been in trouble for quite awhile. Even if they go bankrupt, it doesn't mean the stores will close, KWIM? They might just reorganize, close some stores, etc. Who knows, but I guess we should prepare for the worst.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Oh, also, they sometimes have 40% off DVD coupons, but the % is off the list price, so it doesn't come out to as good as you think it might be, but it's something.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by alien_host View Post
    I'm now regretting that I bought $100 in gift cards (which came with $20 in free gift cards). I've managed to spend $50 of my $120.

I went the other night with the 33% coupon and got a small arts and crafts kit for a b'day gift for a party we have. It's going to take a while to chip away at it.

I wasn't inpired by the toys they had in-stock.

I need some ideas! I feel like we have so many books (I suppose b/c of this I shouldn't have bough a BOOKstore gift card)!

Any cookbook suggestions? The DVDs seem overpriced.

I could get my Coffee there I guess.....any other suggestions?
    I have about $90 between gift cards and borders bucks to spend. When I went to the store last week to spend the $10 coupons from buying gift cards (which I gave for Christmas gifts, so I hope they don't go bankrupt too quickly), I was also underwelmed by the selection of toys and games. I ended up with a Lego Space Police set, a calendar, and a box of birthday cards. The calendar and cards were both 50% off.

I placed an order online tonight and got a couple of clearance items that I can use for teacher gifts. (journal, magazine bag, wash bag) I also got another calendar.

These are the 2 calendars I got:

Taro Gomi Daily Doodle calendar
    http://www.borders.com/online/store/...sku=0811873250

Kirigami Cut and Fold a Day calendar(ETA: I can't seem to get the link pasted correctly here.)
    I got them not so much for the calendar but for the activities to do with the kids.

Another idea for using up the gift cards is that there is actually a scrapbooking and kids crafts section on their website. They don't qualify for any promotions so you would be paying full price though.
    Last edited by ett; 01-07-2011 at 12:11 AM.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

Quote Originally Posted by DrSally View Post
    Well, I guess I should go tomorrow, along with my IKEA run (it's close). I have a GC to use up. Are there any current coupons?
    Look on retail me not. There's a bunch posted with online codes but I'm not sure how to get to the printable coupon, if there is one.
    Last edited by ett; 01-07-2011 at 12:15 AM.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

srhs is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

You could also see if they are able to be cashed in at plastic jungle; it's a site that buys gift cards.

alien_host is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I didn't think about buying coffee beans, just lattes and such...good idea, I'll have to check that out.

I got an e-mail for a 33% off coupon today (thurs), and we just got another b'day invite so I'll pick up another gift.

Not sure if this link will work but it's good until 1/6:
    http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/201...id=SA_20110106

Those activity calendars look good. Are they still doing free shipping online - is it for over $25? ETA, I didn't realize shipping for Border's Plus members was free for any purchase....bonus!

I'm going to try and go at least once a week to pick a few things up (if they have coupons), just in case. I hope they don't close all the stores as I do enjoy going in there to browse and get coffee.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Well, our local Barnes and Noble closed down, so it would be really sad if Borders followed suit I guess ereaders are destroying sales of paper books, plus the economic downturn.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

mytwosons is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by alien_host View Post
    I need some ideas! I feel like we have so many books (I suppose b/c of this I shouldn't have bough a BOOKstore gift card)!

Any cookbook suggestions? The DVDs seem overpriced.

I could get my Coffee there I guess.....any other suggestions?
    How old are your kids? I've been using my GCs and coupons on books. The Star Wars dictionaries/encyclopedias/etc are a decent deal w/coupon and can make a very nice gift alone or paired with a small SW lego set.

My best purchase this weekend was a Roald Dahl boxed set. Our store had two different sets. One was maybe 5 books, list price of $27, but 50% off sticker on the front. The better deal was a set of 7 books priced at $20 that I used the 50% off coupon with. FWIW, our store had a table of boxed sets that all seemed to be 50% off.

Our store also has games like Ticket To Ride and Settlers Of Canteen that I haven't seen discounted anywhere else. They fly off the shelf when there is a 40 or 50% coupon.

cmo is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Me too! Mrs. Borders (wife of one of the Borders brothers) was my gym teacher in high school!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast