kcimato is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Kirkland dishwasher detergent

We love Costco's powdered dishwasher detergent. Had our 2 boxes what seems like forever. Went to get more and they said they didn't have it nor did the other 3 stores in the area. Has anyone used it recently? Can you recommend your brand that isn't a gel?

avd3875 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I haven't seen the green boxes at our Costco in many, many months. I think they stopped making it. I loved that stuff. We tried the gel, it was lousy, and we tried the Kirkland environmentally friendly powder (white box, I think). It was also lousy, so now we buy the Cascade powder. It's not as wonderful as the green box Kirkland, but it's better than the other options we've tried.
    Annemarie
    DS 2003
    DD 2009

Costco had to pull it due to new laws regarding sulfates. Some states still allow it, so it may be available in a neghboring state. You probably won't be able to find another brand that works as well since none of them can have the sulfates which cause the detergent to be as effective in the first place. I really liked the old costco powder and the tubs were so handy to have around once empty.
    Christie, mom to:
    DD 3
    DS 22 months
    Both RFing in Diono Radian RXTs!

I'm down to the last couple of scoops in my box of Kirkland powder that I've been using for the past 2.5 years. I picked up a box of powdered Cascade to try, but I am not optimistic!
    Daniele
    mama to
    dd1 watching over her brothers and sister from Heaven
    ds1 13 years old
    dd2 10 years old
    ds2 6 years old
    Placenta Increta/c-hyst survivor

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We switched to Cascade and have been pleased so far.
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

swrc00 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by avd3875 View Post
    I haven't seen the green boxes at our Costco in many, many months. I think they stopped making it. I loved that stuff. We tried the gel, it was lousy, and we tried the Kirkland environmentally friendly powder (white box, I think). It was also lousy, so now we buy the Cascade powder. It's not as wonderful as the green box Kirkland, but it's better than the other options we've tried.

We also tried a variety and Cascade is the only one that does a decent job.

kcimato is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks. We picked up a package of Cascade complete tablets and so far so good. Time will tell.