Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Did anyone get the "Mountain Rail Adventure" for $49.99 at Constructive Playthings?

I'm wondering if it really is Plan Toys or a knockoff. One poster in another thread got it and said it came in a box that said it was made by Constructive Playthings, but their photo is identical to the Plan Toys one and I'm surprised they can do that if it's really their in-house brand instead. Other people who have gotten things from Constructive Playthings have gotten actual Plan Toys items.

This is the set: hthttp://www.cptoy.com/cgi-bin/pf.sh...d=KRP-31Ltp://

It's a great deal compared to Gifted Imaginations and Amazon, just not sure I should go for it if it's an off brand.

Thanks!

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Anyone?

I'm usually a lurker, but I saw your post and had to respond. I ordered the mountain rail set for my son for Christmas. It came in a box that said Constructive Playthings but on the bottom of the trains it did say "Plan." However, I'm sending my set back because the risers in the track set are so small and flimsy that the track falls apart if you try to drive a train on it at all. We had planned on setting it up on the floor for my son as a starter train set to see if one day he'd like a train table. Even when I tried to play with it, the pieces on the risers were constantly falling apart. I think the only way it wouldn't be horribly frustrating for a kid would be to nail all the pieces to a table or a board so they're not constantly falling apart. I was really disapointed because it looked really cool in the pictures. As a side note, it took me over 10 days and multiple emails to get a response from them when I wrote them to describe the problem we were having. I hope that helps!