Default Incessant Eye Twitching

I know being tired or stressed can cause this, but seriously this is day 4 of my left eye twitching off and on all day and its making me nuts. Any ideas for how to get it to STOP?!
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I have issues with this too, and started a thread on it. I think people suggested Magnesium. I definitely find that stress, being tired AND caffeine factor in for me. Sometimes i just want to jam my finger in my eye to get it to freakin' stop.

Here is the thread: http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin...=eye+twitching

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I have issues with this too, and started a thread on it. I think people suggested Magnesium. I definitely find that stress, being tired AND caffeine factor in for me. Sometimes i just want to jam my finger in my eye to get it to freakin' stop.

Here is the thread: http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin...=eye+twitching
    I should have done a search first, durh...off to look for it! Thanks

oh look you just posted it for me thank you!!!
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

cvanbrunt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Vodka tonic? Happens to my DH too and he just has to wait the stress out. I can always tell when he's been really busy at work.......
    Carrie

DD#1 September 2005
    DD#2 October 2007

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by cvanbrunt View Post
    Vodka tonic? Happens to my DH too and he just has to wait the stress out. I can always tell when he's been really busy at work.......
    Ok this is officially what I am trying first only vanilla vodka white russian...will force myself to relax and hopefully fall asleep!
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

Lupe is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Hi,
    I had this appear during pregnancy. My best friend is an oftalmologist and she told me is triggered by eye strain. It can be stress related, but the first thing to do is to check your prescription if you wear glasses, and the amount of time you spend staring at a computer screen or such. Your prescription can change while pregnant, and that can make you strain your eyes more than usual
    I have a minor prescription and often did not wear my glasses, I started using them more, specially when in front of a computer, and it has mostly gone away

My eye has been twitching all day for over two months! The worst I've ever had before was a day or two. I think this time it must be stress as my husband lost his job around the time it began.

I have a friend that had it go on and on for many months and after medical tests she was given Botox for it. That stopped it for about 10 months and then she had to do it again.

tabegle is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

edited 2
    Last edited by tabegle; 02-05-2011 at 12:49 PM.