Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I bought 6 markers - didn't find any crayons.

I bought 3 crayons and 1 marker (but I think I should grab a few more markers) in Largo, FL!
    Finally #2 due April 17, 2015

DS - 8.22.08
    allergic to dairy, eggs and nuts
    outgrew wheat!

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I bought 6 crayons, 5 markers, and left a full box (so 6) of each. I asked about Model Magic, and she brought out 2, then said there were two more I could have! I donated 2 of the Model Magic to preschool the next day. NC

Let me just give a SHOUT-OUT to our members for not posting this deal on Slickdeals. All of us would have NEVER had made out if this was on SD.
    Mom to DD 7/06, DS1 8/08 & DS2 9/11!

LGS is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

I was the original poster, and that first day when I saw them on clearance (when I was in the store for something else) I was in a huge rush and only bought two crayons and 1 marker. One crayon for us, one for our cleaning lady's son (she was at my house that day) and one marker for my parents. I was being *really* good and trying not to buy unless I had a designated person/purpose.

When the thread exploded, I had remorse. (Plus, the coupon.) I went to another store and found 2 cases of markers and 1 case of crayons up high. I bought 1 case of each. I left behind one case of markers. So far I have given away 2 of the markers along with other things for birthday presents. I gave a crayon to my nephew and a crayon as a thank-you to my cousin for loaning us some snow gear.

I left a case of markers at an L.A.-area store. The original store where I found this deal had them all marked as clearance and are long gone. If it weren't for this one store having their s&i! together with their clearance, none of us would have known about this deal!!

ETA: I am not on SD and would never have posted this there. I have almost posted it on another board I am active on (a couple of you know it, I know from your usernames!) but I haven't. I use another name there. And I have only told one person IRL! Most people I know love a good deal but don't seek them out/appreciate a good one the way this group will, KWIM?
    Last edited by LGS; 01-09-2011 at 05:32 PM.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2007
    DD 2010

yes i thank the person that found these originally emensely(sp?) i bought 12 markers and gave 2 to my sister for my neices. and bought 2 cases of crayons this past wk in brighton Ma(boston area) and gave 1 of those crayons to my sister as she found 1 on her own as well. so yes I am probably crazy but i have 11 crayon towers and 10 marker towers right now. but 3 kids under 6. i am planning to give 1 marker tower to a friend whose daughter is gonna be a big sister very soon. and find her a coloring pad to go with it. I am probably donating some markers to my duaghters classroom if they will use them. I hope my duaghter gets some bday invites and i would love to give these as gifts.

I am probably the only crazy person with 10 markers and 12 crayons in their closet right now.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jacksmom2009 View Post
    I am probably the only crazy person with 10 markers and 12 crayons in their closet right now.
    Phew. I'm only 1/2 crazy since I only have 5 and 6. Well, in the closet I only have 4 and 5 left, so I'm closer than I thought to normal.

MamaInMarch is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I agree, thanks to the OP. This is the kind of deal I love, love, love because it allows me to create really nice gifts within my budget. I can buy ahead at those kinds of prices and have a nice stash of gender neutral gifts. Excellent!!

veronica is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

6 crayon
    6 marker

I left behind 6 marker and 3 crayon. This was in Cape May, NJ.
    DD 12/05
    DS 07/07
    Twin DS's 5.18.2011

I just went today in Waterloo, IA (not my hometown, here for work) and found a whole case of markers and crayons, and three tubs of ModelMagic, which my son loves. I only got two markers and one crayon, though. But what a great deal, even though I didn't have an additional coupon.
    Tarah
    Mama to the Forrest Creature 3/04 and Baby Ber 4/07
    "All true wealth is biological" Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast