PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Wrapping Paper Storage?

Right now our garage is a mess and we've had "plans" to clean it and install cabinetry and get it all organized for 4 years now... I have wrapping paper, gift bags, ribbons, etc in a heap, in miscellaneous bins and "wrap & craft" tubs in the garage. So everytime I need to wrap something, the paper is dusty, I can't find what I need, etc.

I got a great idea to buy underbed storage boxes today at Target, one for Christmas papers and one for everything else, plus another one for bows, tags, bags, etc. I started to sort them all, only to discover that the underbed boxes DON'T FIT UNDER MY BED!!!

DH says we'll put them back in those stand-up wrap & craft bins and keep them in a closet/pantry thing once we get the garage set up. I still feel like that's kind of a pain, but I can't think of a better solution.

Where and how do you store wrapping suppllies??

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

can you put risers under your bed?
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

In the garage. I have one tub of the long rolls, it has a lid so doesn't get dusty. We have an old kitchen table out there and underneath it I have 2 sets of plastic drawers. One is for the shipping supplies like padded envelopes, the other has gift bags, ribbons etc, one drawer is just christmas ribbons and gift tags, and another drawer is for other ribbons.

The plan is to wrap on the table, but it's never clear for long enough...I really need to do something about that

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have mine in two underbed boxes that I actually store on the top shelf in the playroom closet. One box for Christmas wrapping stuff and another for birthday. Each box has a large ziploc bag with scissors, tape, and a pen as well.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

In the basement in a wrapping paper container.
    http://www.wdrake.com/WalterDrake/Sh...:referralID=NA
    Like this. Got it at the container store I think (about 10 years ago).
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I love those upright wrapping paper bins. I have three of them -- two for Christmas stuff, and one for birthday stuff. I keep bows, gift bags, and tissue in there, too. I prefer the kind that don't have a separate compartment for stuff.

Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I would have loved to get the upright one but I went with a flat one so I can store the gift bags in there too. But I have to keep the flat one upright due to space and its not working out well for me.
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have two upright bins - one for Christmas paper and one for "everyday." (I no longer buy event-specific paper - birthday, baby shower, bridal shower, etc. - based on a tip I saw on TV. It's worked out great for me so far!)

The ones I got are by Sterilite (I think) and have a flip-up section in their lids where I keep tape, scissors, Scotch paper-cutters and the occasional pack of gift tags.

I slide gift bags & tissue into the sides once I've got the paper rolls standing up and toss ribbon spools in loose, though I could use a gallon size baggie for those so I don't keep forgetting to use the ribbon!

I use gallon size zip-top baggies for stick-on bows. And I only use stick-on bows for Christmas presents. (It's a nostalgia thing for me.)

I store the Christmas wrap with my Christmas decorations in our under-the-stairs catch-all closet while the everyday wrap stays in our coat closet. I suppose this might have to change once DD discovers the joys of opening doors, but, for now, it works.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Can you put the rolls directly under your bed? Do they have to be in a box?

I have mine in those upright containers- one for Christmas, one for everything else. The Christmas one was in the attic with the Christmas decorations, but some of the paper got a little yellow, so now I'm going to keep it under the bed, or in an extra bedroom closet. The other one is in that same closet. I also have a big box with bows and ribbons, and a folder with cards.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10