Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Deal on Fun Socks for Goodie Bags

Hi Everyone,
    I just booked my DD's 2nd birthday party at an indoor play facility... and since it is a shoe-free facility I thought it would be cute to give out socks instead of goodie bags.
    I want to find fun/funky/cute socks for the kids. Right now we're inviting 8 kids, about 5 girls/3 boys.

Any ideas where to look for not your typical everyday socks???

lilhilly is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

They always (or almost always) have character socks at the Target dollar spot. I've seen Dr. Seuss many times, but also Dora, Cars, Hot Wheels, Disney fairies and princesses, etc. And of course they're only $1 per pair.

Yup I was going to say Targets Dollar Spot too! I bought ds a pair with TS aliens and a pair with Cars Mater on them for his stocking. I think I saw Valentine socks the other day too.
    Finally #2 due April 17, 2015

DS - 8.22.08
    allergic to dairy, eggs and nuts
    outgrew wheat!

wifecat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

www.littlemismatched.com has really fun socks!

dollar store?
    neeley

i don't have suggestions, but think thats a great idea!
    Mom to DD 7/06, DS1 8/08 & DS2 9/11!

Thanks for those ideas... I didn't even think of the Target dollar spot and that's usually my first stop every time I go in the store!

Now... what about for the adults... if I can find socks cheap enough maybe I'll splurge and get some for all of them too since they also will have to take off their shoes. Since the kids are still young I'm figuring 2 adults per kid so about 20-25 adults including my family -- Seriously how does a "small" party get so big

diamond is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

what kind of place is this? my dd will be 2 end of feb and we will have to have a party for her indoors as well. so looking for ideas. do they have fun/activities for 2 year old crowd? also how much does it cost? ty

It's just a big space with lots of playhouses... fun for kids under about 8 years old. There are no planned activities during the party just about 1-1.5 hours of free play time and then 1/2 hour for food/cake.
    Here's the link www.imaginationavenue.us

diamond... are you in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area? If not, I would just do a search in your area for either drop-off daycares or something similar. By doing that search I found a few options.
    Prices start around $150 for the party... pretty good to not have to worry about cleaning our house or reserving a park like we did last year.

emschwar is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lmr1101 View Post
    Thanks for those ideas... I didn't even think of the Target dollar spot and that's usually my first stop every time I go in the store!

Now... what about for the adults... if I can find socks cheap enough maybe I'll splurge and get some for all of them too since they also will have to take off their shoes. Since the kids are still young I'm figuring 2 adults per kid so about 20-25 adults including my family -- Seriously how does a "small" party get so big
    Walmart has fun women's socks for $1.50/pair.
    #1 - 4/2004
    #2 - 9/2007

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast